All New MountainManDu Coming Wednesday 12-13-17. . . Specs, Pics, & Pricing!!!

Lol now I want a Dogfather. I'm not sure I am going to order this one but I might be tempted by the SR-77 in Midnight blue and black Micarta.

I already have 2 mountainmandus. Is there any advantage to these ones over the older models. I love to have a bunch of everything and I love these but I’m trying to justify spending on this or biding my time for another offering.

I already have 2 mountainmandus. Is there any advantage to these ones over the older models. I love to have a bunch of everything and I love these but I’m trying to justify spending on this or biding my time for another offering.

It does mention these ones are thinner than the old ones also in FFG vs the old saber grind.

Edited cause realized meant forest didn't have the oily/slick texture moss kinda has that I like. I'm hoping the forest is less "dimpled" than moss and darker in color. Busse should ship out paint swatches to their customers so they actually knkw what their getting before hand. :D

The new green does have less dimples than the moss green.

I'm interested in confirmation of the handle material shown, as well. Looks like some older tan...but it also looks like the maroon micarta I received.

SR101 was the diff HT steel. SR77 never had diff HT. Not sure why they went away from diff HT on SR101.

I assume we are talking quality satin job here at that price. I would love to see a picture.

Yeah. That's a mighty big jump.

This is gonna be a hard choice between naked SR-77 vs coated INFI... what do you guys going to get? Do you think SR-77 is any close in performance to INFI?

Think of SR77 as S7 with a super heat treat. It is as tough as INFI for most purposes. It has less wear resistance and corrosion resistance. The corrosion resistance is better than SR101(52100), however. So it will dull faster but it is easy to sharpen. I don't think that it is differentially heat treated but not sure. No need for diff HT given the things I have seen thru hardened SR77 do. Here is a dogfather being bent. I have not seen many thru hardened metals(58 Rc) do this, and the fact that they had to use a 4ft prybar to get it to make a U-turn proves to me that it is thru hardened The price difference between INFI and SR77 is to great in this case. I am in for sure on an SR77 blade:
gbkWPtw.jpg

wVHyH5G.jpg

For those that have used the original version....hows the grip security when chopping without use of a lanyard ?

I look at it like a gun without a safety, you do have to be more careful than with a DTBM or resiprene gripped blade. Ive never used a lanyard with mine but I never chopped to the point where I was worried about losing grip, or sweat or moisture or whatnot. Theres no rear talon although the grip itself fills the hand nicely. If there was any possibility of sweat, moisture or fatigue, Id use a lanyard for heavy extended chopping.

SR101 was the diff HT steel. SR77 never had diff HT. Not sure why they went away from diff HT on SR101.

I assume we are talking quality satin job here at that price. I would love to see a picture.
Ya...and perhaps that beautiful convex edge ive seen on some Busse blades maybe.. my fat satin ash1 is full flat w convex edge, my favorite!

Who has a BIG satin finish blade?... what is it? Is it bare metal? Clear coated?
...right when i think im smart... :confused:

Back