• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Allan Blade

All I can say - again - is that I think this is so sad. I bought a Chipmunk from him years ago (when he was still filling orders according to what he promised) and the workmanship is impeccable. What a waste of talent.

(I won't comment on anything else because he'll just send me another nasty email. :rolleyes: )

Yup, that's Alan, talk the talk but can't walk the walk!!

Send nasty E-mails but not keep his word, pay his debts, and keep promises.

Soon he will post and get all tough with me, maybe even promise to bitch-slap me.

Of course if he gives his word I could move into his freaking house and die of old age before Alan grows balls enough to even stick his tounge out at me!!!

It's fall here, time to make me a 2X6 for that boy.........

And the checks in the mail. :rolleyes:

This guy sounds like an award winning scumbag.

RWS said:
This guy sounds like an award winning scumbag.

Yes, he's won several ASSSHAT awards. . . . .and several others not in the ASSSHAT category ! :D

NO! Not yet.

I'm getting pretty good for this after more than four years "practice".

Three weeks since he said he sent it. I guess the Postal system must be at fault, huh?
bs.gif

Pony Express, third class!!

When sent third class Pony Express the horse cannot swim!!!!

Well now. . . .I see that his spots hasn't changed colors yet. Not surprising.

Joe, sorry to hear that he STILL isn't paying up ! Again, not surprising.

Yep, looks like it didn't take him too long to revery to his old ways. It's a shame that a nice guy like Joe, and all of Joe's friends have to be the ones that get the raw end of the deal. Maybe it's time to start spreading the news all over the internet again.

Keep spreading the news, but people keep buying his knives. Amazing, they just don't care.

I think it's great that he can continue to earn a living or some part of it, doing what he does so well. It's a shame that he can't clean up old business without all this aggravation.

Reactions: rio
you think he would want to get this stuff cleared up, but it appears that isn't the case. I guess he figures there are lots of people that will buy his knives that don't care about his ethics.

Well,in fairness, you have to make money in order to be able to pay on your debts.No knife sales=no restitution.That said,there also has to be an appropriate and timely schedule in paying back the debts that are owed to restablish one's good standing in the knife community.I feel particularly bad for Joe Chen,since he appears to be owed the most, for the longest.I wish both parties the best of luck, to hopefully resolve the issue without further delay.

I agree, he definitely has to be making money to be able to pay his debts. The problem is that he has paid Joe $25.00 in the last thirteen months. He also stated that he sent Joe a payment seven weeks ago, and Joe hasn't received anything. It looks to me like Allan is reverting to his old ways, or that he just doesn't really give a damn.

On british blades forum he's back to taking $$ and not delivering.

TOMBSTONE,
Thanks for the good luck.
You are right he has to make knives for money then he can pay me back.
But not the case that he said he sent the check out but actually he didn't! :thumbdn:

Keith,
For the last 12 months, Allan Blade ONLY paid me $25. AMAZING!

Joe

Joe Chen said:
TOMBSTONE,
Thanks for the good luck.
You are right he has to make knives for money then he can pay me back.
But not the case that he said he sent the check out but actually he didn't! :thumbdn:

Keith,
For the last 12 months, Allan Blade ONLY paid me $25. AMAZING!

Joe

Ya,$25.00 a year really isn't going to be a reasonable restitution plan. :eek:

Back