Almost no one cares if you're using a knife

"Yes, he has a knife, and he's sharpening a huge stick right now,"...

Great post. But you should have started out with "It was a dark and stormy night at the mall". Then something about a homeless Vietnam Vet who appeared to be making bamboo punji sticks, muttering "Payback is hell!"

I made it through a scanner at a federal courthouse with a pocket knife once. I didn't even realize it until awhile later. Oops. I went into a Beretta gun plant in Maryland a couple times. They scan you on the way out.

Last edited:
Try the same with some 4" folding knife with flipper/auto opening. Or with tactical looking fixed knife.

SAK is neutral like country which made it, never heard negative thing about mine in public places.
What about a 4" tactical SAK, is it still neutral?
PSX_20180208_181920.jpg

What's a problem officer? Just making a toothpick. I'll pick up after myself...
rSZ0HHUh.jpg

I live in Maryland, which is only a step or two removed from the Jersey mentality when it comes to knife laws. At the state fair last year, I was sent back to my car by the entry guards to drop off the Leatherman Squirt which is clipped to my keys. That done, I proceeded through the gates to the livestock viewing arena. Just about the first thing I saw was a rancher picking a cow pie out of the bottom of some kid's sneaker with his Buck 110. Later, I passed by a trinket stand selling, among other things, cheapo SAK's with your name printed on them. Haha!

That said, I work in an office building and carry anything from big, mean looking modern folders to small slipjoints. Despite the fact that the population is 100% sheeple non-knife types, I've never even had a sideways glance from anyone.

Back