• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

An Original

The 0551 might just be the knife of the year!

Here's the knife sporting a Ranger Green scale:

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

Last edited:
Molded Carbon Fiber Emerson Roadhouse

Recently done, radiused and molded to fit your hand. One of a kind!

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

I got my 551 back from Barry last week. What a beautiful knife. I had the CF done as in the first CF posts he was making. The knife feels better in my hand looks liek a million dollars. The turnaround was faster than fast too.

Thank you, Barry.

-Tye

One piece (sans skeleton liner) ZT 0551 scale. As thick as the combined thickness of the original scale plus the liner. Radiused with a more exposed lock release area.

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

Awesome stuff. How much would a pair of 0350 scales cost? Not sure what look I would go for, I like a lot of these ideas.

couple of new ones:

Red G-10 Umnumzaan with heavy bead blast:

IMG_1003.jpg

Ranger Green/Carbon Fiber laminate ZT 0551 scale, deep grooves, heavy bead blast.

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_0570[1].jpgIMG_0533[1].jpgTexture Closeup.jpgWith Siblings.jpg

Here's some custom small Sebenza scales Barry made for me a few months ago. Make no mistake, Barry is a perfectionist and you will be happy with his work!

Prof.

Forgive my ignorance, but is that deep sculpting comfortable in the hand for extended use? I am curious specifically about the G10. Thanks

Forgive my ignorance, but is that deep sculpting comfortable in the hand for extended use? I am curious specifically about the G10. Thanks

It's not as sharp as it looks. In fact, for long term heavy use, it's probably more comfortable as it conforms more to your hand than a flat scaled knife. And if you hands are sweaty, you are going to get a better grip on a sculpted handle than a flat one.

Hi Barry,
I just purchased a Spyderco large LUM Chinese folder and I would like to replace the G10 scales with CF. Would you be interested in doing this? Do you have access to any of the new variation of CF such as lightening strike?
Thanks,
Joe

Back