• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

An Original

Double textured Black G-10 0550 scale. Grooved and heavy bead blast to open up the pores of the G-10.
New scale is thicker and replaces the original liner.

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

Last edited:
WOW, i just found this thread, i am super impressed man, AWESOME work. Can this be done to a GERBER Applegate folder, i have one thats over 11 years old and the handle has lost some screws and such and i would love to make it look new again. Please PM with some info i would love to send you the GERBER if it could be spruced up all over again, the blade may need some sharpening but the handle is what i would really love to see a change in. Thanks in advance.

There's a new composite material suitable for liner locks and fixed blades, made by Composite Craft, Inc. called C-Tek

They were kind enough to send me a sample to see what I could do with it. Modeling the material is the new, uber cool 0560 by ZT

Let me know what you thin!

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

A member here asked me to fabricate a new G-10 scale on his Kwerk, which would be lighter and more grippy than the original silver twill scale. You might notice a resemblance to an Atwood Solar Arc. No coincidence: Peter gave me permission to utilize his design before I did this. I always like to be above board and give credit where credit is due.

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

Well, ya certainly do Not need my stamp of approval, but the C-tek sure looks great!!

Bead blasted "coarse" texture G10 on a George VECP. Less "bite" than the factory finish.

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

Custom backspacer and ano job by Ferrrk. Custom Mother of Pearl scales by me:

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

Just finished up, in the spirit of the fall harvest.

Pumpkin Orange ZT 0560, grooved and bead blasted.

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

A few more pics here.

Wow..just found this thread!

Shame on you Barry for not gloating about this!

Hehe...i think I have an idea for a new scale:p

Whats the best way to contact you about getting some scales made? tried email through the site but havent heard back. Looks like great work man, and would love to breath some new life into some of my older EDCs

Pat

Back