1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And Here's The Burp

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Leonardo63, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    If this had a shiny satin finish I think I'd have to go be alone with it for a few minutes :p

2. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Speaking of band aids. This Burp is bigger than I imagined. Wonder how good of an idea it is with guys trying to poke a beer can few 6 packs deep with big"oll lol Blade lol i guess it is safer than using SAS

3. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    burpspine.jpg
    I'm not trying it, I get bloody enough without drinking but if someone does it I hope there's video- Hey, good for the spike lovers but I know for me, I saved myself from some puncture wounds ;)
    Something else I thought of from those Gemini discussions talking about thickness behind the edge, I need to see what the hogs say when they look at it but I would call this "thin behind the edge" which some thought the TG was thick - that's a little more nuanced than my judgement can speak for, but I know it sank into my ashhole stump like butter. I didn't try chopping yet but first impression is that's not really the idea here I don't think. I would love to butcher something with it HAHA!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Busto, F'lar, Aias and 1 other person like this.
  4. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Holy crap!!! :eek: Did Bossman really hand-delivery this to you??? :cool: :thumbsup:

F'lar likes this.
  5. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    Aint that some sht! :thumbsup: Doesn't get any better than that brother! It was an honor and a privilege! It was awesome to meet the legend. I've been a fan for a long time and lurked around these forums for years and couldn't be more stoked finally jumping in. Boss man speaks very highly of all you hogs on the forum and I know that from all the folks I've chatted with.

evltcat, Busto, F'lar and 4 others like this.
  6. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Wow, that's too cool!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: Some honor, I'm not sure if he's ever done something like that outside of a show. Lucky duck!!! :thumbsup:

F'lar likes this.
  7. Ickythump

Ickythump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    What a great experience, and w/ such an awesome blade.

Congrats, Hognardo63!

Leonardo63 and F'lar like this.
  8. boring

boring Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I have to agree with above, I think your pics would had sold me on a burp. I liked it, but your pic does better justice. what is the orange an black g10 in the back?

9. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    OK... I love this thing. Light, fast, and dead sexy... It's going up the mountain with me tomorrow.

[​IMG]

T90, Leonardo63, F'lar and 4 others like this.
  10. boring

Nov 28, 2005
    has anybody used it to open a beer yet? Pics please.

Aias likes this.
  11. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    not yet--tomorrow, after my hike... :D

12. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    I was wondering the same thing - it almost looks like an ASH2 with a clip point? I would like to see a photo of it with the whole blade showing.

Leonardo63, You have some nice knives! :thumbsup:

13. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    The honor was all ours. :cool:

Leonardo is a great guy! :thumbsup::cool:

Garth and I gave him a call, drove down his road, turned left when we smelled bacon, and when we pulled in his driveway we knew he was good people, 'cause he didn't shoot!:eek::D

Had a great time meeting you my friend! :thumbsup:

You know, with a chainsaw and a few days of felling trees. . . . You'd be looking at the shop every morning when you walk out your front door! :eek:

Garth and I might just get drunk enough to do that one of these nights! :D :thumbsup:

Let's drink!:thumbsup:

Jerry :D

dogboye, dug24, hydeinmind and 7 others like this.
  14. boring

Nov 28, 2005
    uh oh

15. Freedom Pullo

Freedom Pullo Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I haven’t been able to turn down an offering in naked Infi yet.

hydeinmind likes this.
  16. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    My big blade is a DTBM - Thanks for the props! My poor mans collection is growing little by little. My Next ding the InfiWeiler :D

hydeinmind likes this.
  17. erto

erto Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Looks very nice. Can't wait to get mine in hand.

18. Angusbort

Angusbort Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2016
    IMG_1156.JPG IMG_1153.JPG IMG_1152.JPG IMG_1151.JPG Hammered Black G-10.

F'lar, T90, SoloMadness and 2 others like this.
  19. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I wana BURP, Big time lol
    Nice Pics guys

20. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    I just hope all you hogs are really excited about it so I know it's real and not just because this is my very first NEW knife from Busse- So aside from Jerry and Garth I was next to hold it and that made this whole thing all that more special.