1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

And Here's The Burp

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Leonardo63, Sep 30, 2017.

1. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    First, Happy Birthday bossman, and many many more,

but, you did not show this blade well when you introduced it, so I passed on it.

It wasnt until hogs posted proper pics that I realized what a sweet piece it was. In the introductory pics it looked thick and stubby, but when the hogs took their pics its true flowing slicey lean beauty was exposed.

Im not one to tell a master smith how to present his blades, but I do think that more better pics would present the knives better to potential buyers.

2. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Thanks Jerry--happy 35 years of knife making and happy birthday! This is my favorite Busse blade to date!

Anthony

PS--it was my oldest daughter (10) that told me I had to strip it!

Leonardo63 likes this.
  3. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Basic Member Basic Member

May 24, 2017
    You're kicking yourself hard in the ass aren't you? I've been feeling it since your first post.... if I had bought 2 I'd hook you up man

TheirProtector618 likes this.
  4. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Thanks, if anyone is feeling sympathetic and has a green canvas / black coating spiked version to throw my way, please bail Jerry out of this one :D:cool::thumbsup:

5. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    This is my exact opinion as well. Same boat. Well said. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brian77 likes this.
  6. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    Really great strip job btw! It just looks like it's been stretched and lost a few lbs in these pics! ;)

Aias likes this.
  7. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    It really is a long, lean blade, that's still robust enough to handle true heavy duty work. Thanks!

8. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    All stripped! Man-o-Man this thing looks great necked! So this black/gray color is that decarb I've read about I assume? Got a pretty good gremlin on one side but as Jerry said, just a birthmark. To get that CBT cleaned out is gonna be a btch! Coating is hiding too much awesome for me.
    cherry stripper.jpg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  9. TheirProtector618

TheirProtector618

Jun 13, 2016
    Man that looks nice! Heck of a job there bro. I wish I would have gotten one of these. A beauty for sure. Enjoy!

Leonardo63 likes this.
  10. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Awesome! Yep, decarb is tough, but just keep at it! Looks great!

Leonardo63 likes this.
  11. KXAL

KXAL Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2017
    I am glad to be in for this one!
    Anyone has a stripped spike version?
    I imagine that would be even more awesome

12. cpirtle

cpirtle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    Those strippers look amazing!

I took a chance on Garth Gold and Green Micarta and then for a bit got worried I'd be accused of being a Norte Dame fan ;) Now that it's here I am thrilled with the color combo, so won't be stripping. This is an epic knife and I have some cool plans in mind for sheathing it in a way that facilitates its intended use..

Happy Birthday Jerry!

IMG_3628.JPG

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  13. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    Wow! That's a great color on this knife, really shows off the lines.
    Glad you got one for a pattern :D

14. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    Nice L!!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I use citri strip and a power washer to get the coating off in the hard to reach places.

15. KXAL

KXAL Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2017
    What's a power washer?

16. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Hey Chad! My order is in!

17. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Man them strippers look great lol
    Anyone remember if this is one of the blades that will be on the website as a regular release later this year ? I really need to get me one lol

18. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Not sure MntMan, but maybe call Amy and see if there are any available due to cancellations. It's really a sweet blade.

19. erto

erto Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2015
    As far as I know, it will not be on the website as a regular release.

20. erto

erto Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2015
    I think, FBM BG and Battle Saw BG will be on the website later.....