And Here's The Burp

That stripped blade looks AWESOME! :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

With the flowing lines of the wicked CBT and the double scalloped spine, the BURP is definitely one of my favorite blade shapes ever! :cool: :cool:

Congrats to those who scored!!! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

First, Happy Birthday bossman, and many many more,

but, you did not show this blade well when you introduced it, so I passed on it.

It wasnt until hogs posted proper pics that I realized what a sweet piece it was. In the introductory pics it looked thick and stubby, but when the hogs took their pics its true flowing slicey lean beauty was exposed.

Im not one to tell a master smith how to present his blades, but I do think that more better pics would present the knives better to potential buyers.

That stripped blade looks AWESOME! :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

With the flowing lines of the wicked CBT and the double scalloped spine, the BURP is definitely one of my favorite blade shapes ever! :cool: :cool:

Congrats to those who scored!!! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

Thanks Jerry--happy 35 years of knife making and happy birthday! This is my favorite Busse blade to date!

Anthony

PS--it was my oldest daughter (10) that told me I had to strip it!

but, you did not show this blade well when you introduced it, so I passed on it.

It wasnt until hogs posted proper pics that I realized what a sweet piece it was. In the introductory pics it looked thick and stubby, but when the hogs took their pics its true flowing slicey lean beauty was exposed.

Im not one to tell a master smith how to present his blades, but I do think that more better pics would present the knives better to potential buyers.
You're kicking yourself hard in the ass aren't you? I've been feeling it since your first post.... if I had bought 2 I'd hook you up man

You're kicking yourself hard in the ass aren't you? I've been feeling it since your first post.... if I had bought 2 I'd hook you up man

Thanks, if anyone is feeling sympathetic and has a green canvas / black coating spiked version to throw my way, please bail Jerry out of this one :D:cool::thumbsup:

This is my exact opinion as well. Same boat. Well said. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Really great strip job btw! It just looks like it's been stretched and lost a few lbs in these pics! ;)

It really is a long, lean blade, that's still robust enough to handle true heavy duty work. Thanks!

All stripped! Man-o-Man this thing looks great necked! So this black/gray color is that decarb I've read about I assume? Got a pretty good gremlin on one side but as Jerry said, just a birthmark. To get that CBT cleaned out is gonna be a btch! Coating is hiding too much awesome for me.
cherry stripper.jpg

Last edited:
All stripped! Man-o-Man this thing looks great necked! So this black/gray color is that decarb I've read about I assume? Got a pretty good gremlin on one side but as Jerry said, just a birthmark. To get that CBT cleaned out is gonna be a btch! Coating is hiding too much awesome for me.
View attachment 779332

Man that looks nice! Heck of a job there bro. I wish I would have gotten one of these. A beauty for sure. Enjoy!

View attachment 779332
Awesome! Yep, decarb is tough, but just keep at it! Looks great!

I am glad to be in for this one!
Anyone has a stripped spike version?
I imagine that would be even more awesome

Those strippers look amazing!

I took a chance on Garth Gold and Green Micarta and then for a bit got worried I'd be accused of being a Norte Dame fan ;) Now that it's here I am thrilled with the color combo, so won't be stripping. This is an epic knife and I have some cool plans in mind for sheathing it in a way that facilitates its intended use..

Happy Birthday Jerry!

IMG_3628.JPG

Last edited:
Wow! That's a great color on this knife, really shows off the lines.
Glad you got one for a pattern :D

View attachment 779332

Nice L!!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I use citri strip and a power washer to get the coating off in the hard to reach places.

Those strippers look amazing!

I took a chance on Garth Gold and Green Micarta and then for a bit got worried I'd be accused of being a Norte Dame fan ;) Now that it's here I am thrilled with the color combo, so won't be stripping. This is an epic knife and I have some cool plans in mind for sheathing it in a way that facilitates its intended use..

Happy Birthday Jerry!

View attachment 779394
Hey Chad! My order is in!

Man them strippers look great lol
Anyone remember if this is one of the blades that will be on the website as a regular release later this year ? I really need to get me one lol

Not sure MntMan, but maybe call Amy and see if there are any available due to cancellations. It's really a sweet blade.

Man them strippers look great lol
Anyone remember if this is one of the blades that will be on the website as a regular release later this year ? I really need to get me one lol
As far as I know, it will not be on the website as a regular release.

I think, FBM BG and Battle Saw BG will be on the website later.....

Back