And Here's The Burp

So, I hiked up Mt. Baldy (LA County) this past Sunday, and the BURP came with; it was a tough hike, but the BURP didn't weigh me down at all. It fit well in a Spec Ops sheath; may need an upgrade however! Baldy peaks at 10,064--highest in LA County/ San Gabriel Mountains, and is a training ground for Mt. Whitney; the Devil's Backbone trail was beautiful... at time is was barely 2' wide with drop-offs on both sides. At over 9000' the view were magnificent; the final ascent was tough--pretty steep, mostly broken rock, no cover from wind or sun. Well worth the walk up.

At the summit:

1553wva.jpg

1y0ls0.jpg

Last edited:
Nice trip! She's light aint she? I don't have a scale to know for sure, but it feels lighter than my batac that's 2" shorter. I've seen a lot of people ask for thinner blades and this is it in a way. Look at that profile and I see that kind of tribal flame along the top, that is the only part of the blade that's full thickness. It almost feel like a long dagger~ I just expect a blade that long to feel heavier but it's not at all.
More Burp pics!!!

Yep, very light--I can't remember exactly (I weighed it), but definitely under a pound, maybe just over 14oz. With the swedges and CBT, lots of steel is removed without sacrificing the integrity of the blade. And it looks really good. I'm on the fence about stripping it... I'll likely do it soon.

Mine came yesterday. Well, it came Sat., but I couldn't get into the post office until yesterday. It is LIGHT. Lighter than I expected. And the spike is longer than I expected, but not as sharp as I expected. Black on muddy. I LIKE it. It looks like it was made for something other than shotgunning beers and opening snack bags, though. Something more sinister.

I like it and it is very well balanced. More I will tell after I test it ;)

Oh wow those pictures make me regret passing on that one. I want one with out the spike though for safety reasons. That must be really cool to live right outside Busse HQ. The smell of bacon in the air 24/7!!

I like it and it is very well balanced. More I will tell after I test it ;)
You going to strip it? I'm going to the hardware store after work for some stripper, gonna do it to it that and play in the Dremel isle for anything that might make this easier.

That looks great, dang I have got to haunt the exchange now. I must get one of these. I'm passing on the A2 TG-M.

Yeah--those lines needed to be exposed! It's a really good looking blade. The decarb is an absolute pain, and I'll hit it with another round of hand sanding (or two), but it's good enough for now. I love the balance and ergos.

The BURP is a real winner--it seems to deserve a better (more badass) name, however. But hey, no complaints, and definitely no regrets!

You going to strip it? I'm going to the hardware store after work for some stripper, gonna do it to it that and play in the Dremel isle for anything that might make this easier.
Yes I would like to strip it as well. But first I will beat it a bit and see how it wears out.
By the way, stripper looks very nice in deed.

Oh man that looks great! I didn't get that far myself- wife thought I could better spend my time planting grass seed.

"""the BURP is definitely one of my favorite blade shapes ever!"""
Without Question!

Amazing what lies beneath!

Last edited:
The BURP is a real winner--it seems to deserve a better (more badass) name, however.
I agree- I'd love to see a re-christening with a different name but it is what it is- Like the Miss America Pagent- "And here she is ladies and gentlemen, from the black swamps it's Miss Ohio, she's long lean and sexy and never before soiled by the hands of wild men, say a Big Hello to Miss BURP" .... OK, so her daddy was a boozer whadayagonadoaboutit :D:eek::cool:

Back