1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And Here's The Burp

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Leonardo63, Sep 30, 2017.

1. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015

Darn nice! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Man if I could've seen pics like that before the release I probably would have bought one. :cool: Quite a bit larger that I thought.

F'lar likes this.
  2. SoloMadness

SoloMadness Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2017
    Jeez. Now I'm kind of having second thoughts about passing on this one. :oops:

F'lar likes this.
  3. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    So, I hiked up Mt. Baldy (LA County) this past Sunday, and the BURP came with; it was a tough hike, but the BURP didn't weigh me down at all. It fit well in a Spec Ops sheath; may need an upgrade however! Baldy peaks at 10,064--highest in LA County/ San Gabriel Mountains, and is a training ground for Mt. Whitney; the Devil's Backbone trail was beautiful... at time is was barely 2' wide with drop-offs on both sides. At over 9000' the view were magnificent; the final ascent was tough--pretty steep, mostly broken rock, no cover from wind or sun. Well worth the walk up.

At the summit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  4. scrappy

scrappy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2007
    That is a pretty sweet first group pic, nice blades

Leonardo63 likes this.
  5. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Nice trip! She's light aint she? I don't have a scale to know for sure, but it feels lighter than my batac that's 2" shorter. I've seen a lot of people ask for thinner blades and this is it in a way. Look at that profile and I see that kind of tribal flame along the top, that is the only part of the blade that's full thickness. It almost feel like a long dagger~ I just expect a blade that long to feel heavier but it's not at all.
    More Burp pics!!!

Aias likes this.
  6. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Yep, very light--I can't remember exactly (I weighed it), but definitely under a pound, maybe just over 14oz. With the swedges and CBT, lots of steel is removed without sacrificing the integrity of the blade. And it looks really good. I'm on the fence about stripping it... I'll likely do it soon.

7. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Mine came yesterday. Well, it came Sat., but I couldn't get into the post office until yesterday. It is LIGHT. Lighter than I expected. And the spike is longer than I expected, but not as sharp as I expected. Black on muddy. I LIKE it. It looks like it was made for something other than shotgunning beers and opening snack bags, though. Something more sinister.

Aias and Leonardo63 like this.
  8. erto

erto Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2015
    I got mine as well. It will be a user :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Leonardo63, T90 and hydeinmind like this.
  9. erto

Jun 26, 2015
    I like it and it is very well balanced. More I will tell after I test it ;)

10. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Oh wow those pictures make me regret passing on that one. I want one with out the spike though for safety reasons. That must be really cool to live right outside Busse HQ. The smell of bacon in the air 24/7!!

Leonardo63 likes this.
  11. erto

Jun 26, 2015
    [​IMG]

MosesMcgregor likes this.
  12. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    You going to strip it? I'm going to the hardware store after work for some stripper, gonna do it to it that and play in the Dremel isle for anything that might make this easier.

13. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    I couldn't help myself... just a quick crappy cell phone pic; love this blade:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    F'lar, inkynate, ipal and 4 others like this.
  14. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    That looks great, dang I have got to haunt the exchange now. I must get one of these. I'm passing on the A2 TG-M.

Aias likes this.
  15. Freedom Pullo

Freedom Pullo Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2015
    That looks great! I was waiting for somebody to post a stripper before I decided to.

T90 and Aias like this.
  16. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah--those lines needed to be exposed! It's a really good looking blade. The decarb is an absolute pain, and I'll hit it with another round of hand sanding (or two), but it's good enough for now. I love the balance and ergos.

The BURP is a real winner--it seems to deserve a better (more badass) name, however. But hey, no complaints, and definitely no regrets!

17. erto

Jun 26, 2015
    Yes I would like to strip it as well. But first I will beat it a bit and see how it wears out.
    By the way, stripper looks very nice in deed.

Aias likes this.
  18. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    That stripped blade looks AWESOME! :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

With the flowing lines of the wicked CBT and the double scalloped spine, the BURP is definitely one of my favorite blade shapes ever! :cool: :cool:

Congrats to those who scored!!! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

darsk20, Joej71009, Aias and 2 others like this.
  19. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    Oh man that looks great! I didn't get that far myself- wife thought I could better spend my time planting grass seed.

"""the BURP is definitely one of my favorite blade shapes ever!"""
    Without Question!

Amazing what lies beneath!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Aias and erto like this.
  20. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    I agree- I'd love to see a re-christening with a different name but it is what it is- Like the Miss America Pagent- "And here she is ladies and gentlemen, from the black swamps it's Miss Ohio, she's long lean and sexy and never before soiled by the hands of wild men, say a Big Hello to Miss BURP" .... OK, so her daddy was a boozer whadayagonadoaboutit :D:eek::cool: