Andy - I CHOOSE YOU!

I have pics I took today of that blank being outlined on steel, and now its profiled and drilled!!! Pics tomorrow!

Pic!

upddd100_1213-vi.jpg

I have good balance. I can walk on those balance things at the playground with Hannah pretty good.

Can we do a little less in the guard area Andy? Width side (From tip to back) it is a little thick for a true bushcrafter IMHO.

TF

Andy - I think I like the look of this guardless model

kit100_1247-vi.jpg

What do you think about taking off the guard on the Arete model?

TF

No! Andy needs to leave his little guards on. My knives knives arent' going to have them and if Andy stops doing them, that's just even more it's going to look like I copy him... which I do. It's not on purpose though. I swear.:D:thumbup: You start to learn stuff from someone like Andy and before you know it, your handles start looking like theirs, your blade designs start to look an awful lot like theirs... lol

It is from Post #12 in this thread - where I was suggested a name for it - I had thought your read it.

That is what I call it - the TF model is a bit crude eh? ;)

TF

Oh - and I have been thinking about a name for this one.

How about the Arete Bushcrafter?

(Pronounced: Ar - eh - tay)

Staying with my Greek theme - Arete means Excellence or Fulfillment of a thing. To reach ones purpose.

What do you think?

TF

Well, I didn't just grind the guard off a Ladyfinger in Barberfobic's knife. I made a compromise between blade width, and guard, and added a bit to the width. I'm finishing up the first prototype of the Arete. But a wider blade with no guard is doable if you'd like.

Nah - I think that would make it too 'Kephart like'. Simply make the guard a little smaller - and I think it will do it.

TF

Back