Andy - I CHOOSE YOU!

Are you sure TF?

Yeah - I am Rotte - I was not until I looked again for a good long time.

Here is what I want Andy - make the guard as similar to Joe's Terrasaur as you can:

kit100_1243-vi.jpg

Reduce the guard from top of the spine to bottom of the knife - and then bring it to a dulled point. I want to have a little security - but nothing obtrusive.

TF

I'll reduce the size of the guard again then. This prototype isn't going to be the final design. I was having trouble visualizing this one, so I just made one. I'll definitely be making changes after this.

OOOoooooooo: Andy has a prototype ready:

dec106_1320-vi.jpg

I think the blade is pretty much perfect. The Ricossa and the guard are perfect, the handle outline is perfect - but (and I am sure this is part of the prototype) it looks a little thin and non descriot

I do want you to add a palm swell in the middle of the handle as well as a swelled butt to the knife. I am thinking that I like the Spyderco Bushcraft:

SpydercoBushcraft004.jpg

You can swell the front end too - but you have to be careful so you can transition easily to the blade - the Spyderco is a little large in this respect - but I can live with it.

Also, I am pondering having you move the lanyard hole to the rear of the knife and add a second pin to it. If you think one pin and a back bullseye will be enough - then leave it. I want the hole to be in the lower rear of the handle - I think. Thoughts?

With all of that said - can I get my hands on this one to make final changes? I will pay for shipping both ways.

I would love to see pictures of it from the top down - the scales look thin - but I want to get it in hand first if I may.

TF

Last edited:
OOOoooooooo: Andy has a prototype ready:

dec106_1320-vi.jpg

I think the blade is pretty much perfect. The Ricossa and the guard are perfect, the handle outline is perfect - but (and I am sure this is part of the prototype) it looks a little thin and non descriot

I do want you to add a palm swell in the middle of the handle as well as a swelled butt to the knife. I am thinking that I like the Spyderco Bushcraft:

SpydercoBushcraft004.jpg

You can swell the front end too - but you have to be careful so you can transition easily to the blade - the Spyderco is a little large in this respect - but I can live with it.

Also, I am pondering having you move the lanyard hole to the rear of the knife and add a second pin to it. If you think one pin and a back bullseye will be enough - then leave it. I want the hole to be in the lower rear of the handle - I think. Thoughts?

With all of that said - can I get my hands on this one to make final changes? I will pay for shipping both ways.

I would love to see pictures of it from the top down - the scales look thin - but I want to get it in hand first if I may.

TF

Yep. This knife is a prototype, so I put on a quick and dirty handle, just so we can get a fee for where we are. Please send me your shipping addy, so I can send it to you. On the final knife, I plan to do a handle similar in shape to the Bushies, or the Terrassaur.

That looks excellent Andy. I'd be tempted to drop the point a touch, but I'm not fussy. I agree with TF that a bit of palm swell would be most welcome. 2 pins would add a nice bit of symmetry to the handle and make the bull's eye more of a feature. In addition, a lanyard might be more comfortable with the bull's eye further back.

I am stoked about this project. This looks like a rock solid user!

I like the Terrasaur's handles a lot.

PM inbound.

I am tempted to drop the point a touch too - more spear that drop that way.

TF

Andy - I got the prototype in Saturday - why did you decide to do a 3.3 inch blade. I think this blade would be more spear point if you went out to nearly four inches.

TF

I thought the blade looked a wee bit short, but wasn't certain if it just looked that way in comparison to a bigger handle. I'd prefer closer to 4" myself. 3.99 would be OK too. :D

I've got a Laconico 3.5" bushcrafter and I really like it, but in general I prefer closer to 4". I think the overall profile would be nicer stretched out a bit.

Still, it's a great looking knife.

TF-- how are the ergo's otherwise?

Andy --

Do you have a pic of the alternative handle contour? Damn, this is fun.

I know that handle is going to change - I have a Lady Finger in my hand - I know it will be closer to that.

I agree Rotte - I want something close to 4 inches.

I think I will redraw this on Graph paper to show a longer blade and put up pics.

Other than that - I like the blade and the grind - I think this is going to turn out VERY well.

TF

TF, You need to send the lil one over here so I can do some testing. Only then will you really know what will work ;)

I've not recieved the knife back, but the blade will be a tad longer, the handle will be a classic Fiddleback handle, and I believe Tal is sending me a drawing with the knife that will detail how he wants the point.

Well that large craniumed freak need to hurry up already...

Thanks for answering Andy.

OK. Thats doable. I've never liked that handle configuration on anything but choppers, but if thats what y'all want, I'll do it.

Back