Any Cigar Smokers Out There?

Discussion in 'Around the Grinder' started by Leethal Cutlery, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Leethal Cutlery

Leethal Cutlery

Aug 8, 2011
    Like the title says, I've recently started collecting and smoking cigars. I am always looking for new things to try and wondered what you guys like? Right now I'm working on a Henry Clay sampler I got and those are pretty good. So any of you guys have favs?

2. pwerfel

pwerfel Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Lethal,

Occidental Reserve Churchill Natural, reasonably priced, smooth smoke

Enjoy
    P

3. carbonsteel928

carbonsteel928

Feb 15, 2010
  4. Leethal Cutlery

Leethal Cutlery

Aug 8, 2011
    Thanks guys! Gonna have to add those to my list. Have y'all ever tried the drew estate naturals? I have a few of those in the humidor waiting to be tried. Any brands y'all just plain disliked?

5. carbonsteel928

carbonsteel928

Feb 15, 2010
    You might also enjoy macanudos and Rocky patelĀ“s, I like those two almost as much as the onyx. As for least favorite, I hate the Thompson house brand.

6. Leethal Cutlery

Leethal Cutlery

Aug 8, 2011
    How strong would you rate those? So far all I've tried is mild and medium bodied cigars.

7. TK Steingass

TK Steingass Knifemaker - Buckeye Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 16, 2010
    My favorite is a medium-full bodied Excalibur No. 1 in Connecticut shade wrapper, Churchill size 7 1/4 x 54 Good construction!

8. Leethal Cutlery

Leethal Cutlery

Aug 8, 2011
    Sounds right up my alley!!

9. stereo.pete

stereo.pete

Apr 7, 2013
    I am a big cigar fan and have a tupperdor sitting in my living room. My favorite cigars are consistently Arturo Fuente cigars such as the 858 maduro, Hemingway Signature and 858 natural. I am also a fan of Illusione and Padron cigars. Recently, I've been enamored by Quesada's smokes and I definitely recommend picking a few up.

10. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    I'm more of a cigar collector (with a very small collection) than smoker but do enjoy one occasionally.

recent good ones...

Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Robusto
    Padilla Hybrid Maduro
    La Gloria Cubana

I honeymooned in the Dominican Republic and love the mild sweet cigars from the DR... usually the cheap ones are great.

11. Leethal Cutlery

Leethal Cutlery

Aug 8, 2011
    You guys have def. got my list of cigars to try nice and long. I just found a smoke shop with a walk in humidor by my house, so I'm gonna have to try some of y'all's favorites.

12. Leethal Cutlery

Leethal Cutlery

Aug 8, 2011
    Daniel that's an awesome place to go!! Sounds like a kick azz honeymoon to me!

13. Jeremy Barnard

Jeremy Barnard

Jun 15, 2006
    I have a small humidor with some cigars. I smoke occasionally.

14. Tbaggin

Tbaggin

Apr 29, 2012
    Don't collect cause I practically can't NOT smoke em. My favorite is Ashton but I like others like Padron, Romeo y Julieta, etc..

15. stereo.pete

stereo.pete

Apr 7, 2013
    Ashton VSG's are one of my favorites as well!

16. Leethal Cutlery

Leethal Cutlery

Aug 8, 2011
    Haha I feel you!! I get the itch as soon as I buy a new box.

@Jeremy- what are your favs?

17. Leethal Cutlery

Leethal Cutlery

Aug 8, 2011
    What are they like?

18. bittermanbrewing

bittermanbrewing

May 8, 2013
    Haven't had a decent cigar in ages. Do you buy yours locally in DFW area? Was partial to more robust cigars, though that was when I also smoked cigarettes. Curious now if I'd prefer something with a lighter wrapper.

19. texas gun person

texas gun person

Jun 9, 2010
    I love Tobacco Road up on Cooper in Arlington. They also give 10% on purchases off for military, LEO, fire, and medical, so I like to give them my business. I use to be in Arlington all the time going to UTA, but now I find myself there less often. I have a buddy on my fire department with me who speaks worlds about Pop's Safari Room in Fort Worth, but it's a mix of cigar shop, wine shop, and bistro. Good place to hang out and smoke.

My favorite everyday smoke is still Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. :thumbup:

Bitter, I'll go ahead and suggest Rocky Patel Vintage 1999. They have a nice Connecticut wrapper and are available at many shops.

20. Leethal Cutlery

Leethal Cutlery

Aug 8, 2011
    When I order boxes I order from online stores but when I want to try several different kinds I go to a local cigar shop. There are several good ones in the dfw area