Any ideas for the next Group Buy?

edit

the guards still need to be done. So they will ship on Monday

Phillip

2v2Et2kMMxurAoi.jpg

I'm in for either a Bushcraft Karda or an Old School Karda with synthetic handles. Bolstered handles would be an awesome option to have!

Looking good.

Just look at that lonely old Osage one. I remember the good old days (Scandi Group Buy) when that's what everyone wanted......wah wahhhhh

Looking good.

Just look at that lonely old Osage one. I remember the good old days (Scandi Group Buy) when that's what everyone wanted......wah wahhhhh

Black Ash Burl is the new Osage, which was the new Bog Oak...etc.

Knife buyers are a fickle lot for sure. What's hot now will be next year's (or next month's) market victim when the current fad or trend dies down. It's not just wood varieties that are subject to popularity swings either. In the synthetic world, "marbled" carbon fiber and original "Westinghouse" micarta seem to be riding a wave of popularity in recent times over their standard cousins that exhibit no less utility.

I feel for the knife makers trying to anticipate and manage the ever shifting market trends. It's a tough business to make a buck in. The resale market is a brutal wake-up call on values too. It's certainly a complicated business for such a seemingly simple product like a knife.

Phil

I am pretty sure that's my lonely osage Duke :D. I am a sucker for osage and blue liners and desert ironwood and blue liners. I can't wait to get my hands on that knife.
I’m with you. My Osage Duke arrived recently, and I had to admire the simplicity and just all-around “character” of the Osage....knowing that as it darkens and ages, I’ll love it even more. Paired with blue liners, it’s perfect. On a knife the size of the Duke, there is a lot of Osage to admire! Same with ironwood. Looks great with the blue/natural combo.
Black ash looks good, too, but I was wary at first about the orange liner. My Runt in BA Burl came out looking good. Hope to post some pics soon.

Back