1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Any ideas for the next Group Buy?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Lady1911, May 5, 2018.

1. CAD

CAD

Jan 11, 2006
    ….bump....waiting on the next GB....

I always get excited right before the big reveal! :D

2. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Needs to be a completely new model.

3. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Like a Mini Gaucho .. because I know how much you like those small useless knafes ;)

4. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    You know, given Bob's penchant for accidents- maybe something with a rounded point and no sharp edges? ;)

Bill

5. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    A cork would always be an option.
    773e3-6a00d8341dbac353ef0133f369b473970b-pi.jpg

And we could do a team building project and cover him in bubble wrap

Lady1911, Nbrackett, RobbieB and 3 others like this.
  6. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Definitely something small and useless. :)

Since the bushcrafty things have gotten attention in previous GB’s, I will cast a minority vote for an EDC option. Perhaps an Esquire, Bushboot or Babyboot, Lil Lady.....

7. toocool006

toocool006 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I'm new to the fiddleback fan club - just got in my first pygmy - and I'm in love. I am also very into this group buy idea, would absolutely be down for a tiny guy (can you tell I like the smallies if my first model was a pygmy?). Do I have it right that group buys are taking stock from the production lines and adding unique handles? And then the cost is somewhere between production and custom? As a side note, this seems like a fantastic community and looking forward to getting to know folks around here :D

--Andrew

[​IMG]

8. lmalterna

Dec 12, 2002
    HB, or Esquire.

OR

Gambler dehumped. ;)

Bill

Lady1911 likes this.
  9. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Howdy & Welcome!

Im think through the GB right now...

so far I am leaning towards the Esquire, Lil' Lady & Babyboot
    those seem to get mentioned frequently.

what do yall think?

drewway likes this.
  10. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    You should revisit the Palmer, tweaked just a bit.

11. toocool006

toocool006 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 23, 2017
    +1 here - that Palmer is a gorgeous pattern... that or the esquire would be my vote, FWIW.

12. drewway

drewway

Oct 30, 2015
    I'd get excited for the Karda family. OSK, EDK, and BCK

13. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    Of those 3 I'd say Lil Lady. But ... I think its time for a new model, maybe in the 3" to 3.5" range and EDC focused.

NoRest likes this.
  14. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]

im down for that.
    the only hang-up I can see is getting a bunch of people to commit to a knife that nobody has seen or held in their hand and relying solely on pictures.

Lady1911 likes this.
  15. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Another vote here for an Esquire.

Curl of the Burl likes this.
  16. lmalterna

Dec 12, 2002

That is why I like the idea of a variation of an existing model ;) Just not sure WHICH variation would get the better support. I like a full handle with a little shorter blade. Good control but meets requirements of blade restrictions in some areas. I just cannot find something with a too small handle to be useful for real work.

The EDK is a great example. Wonderful full handle and nice short blade.

Bill

17. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    Sigh .. I feel the need to bust out 6 rolls of knives to do some brainstorming on blade/handle combo morphs. Like an EDK, BCK or OSK handle paired with a Handyman blade. At least people will know the attributes of a particular blade and what a particular handle feels like. :)

NoRest likes this.
  18. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    got Andy to draw this up just now
    [​IMG]

cbr1000 and Curl of the Burl like this.
  19. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    If you guys want to talk mashups you should slap an Asp handle on a Shaman style blade. Ya feel me @VANCE

Tutone likes this.
  20. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006