Any ideas for the next Group Buy?

….bump....waiting on the next GB....

I always get excited right before the big reveal! :D

I'm new to the fiddleback fan club - just got in my first pygmy - and I'm in love. I am also very into this group buy idea, would absolutely be down for a tiny guy (can you tell I like the smallies if my first model was a pygmy?). Do I have it right that group buys are taking stock from the production lines and adding unique handles? And then the cost is somewhere between production and custom? As a side note, this seems like a fantastic community and looking forward to getting to know folks around here :D

--Andrew

mIKjUlF.jpg

I'm new to the fiddleback fan club - just got in my first pygmy - and I'm in love. I am also very into this group buy idea, would absolutely be down for a tiny guy (can you tell I like the smallies if my first model was a pygmy?). Do I have it right that group buys are taking stock from the production lines and adding unique handles? And then the cost is somewhere between production and custom? As a side note, this seems like a fantastic community and looking forward to getting to know folks around here :D

--Andrew

mIKjUlF.jpg
Howdy & Welcome!

Im think through the GB right now...

so far I am leaning towards the Esquire, Lil' Lady & Babyboot
those seem to get mentioned frequently.

what do yall think?

Howdy & Welcome!

Im think through the GB right now...

so far I am leaning towards the Esquire, Lil' Lady & Babyboot
those seem to get mentioned frequently.

what do yall think?
Of those 3 I'd say Lil Lady. But ... I think its time for a new model, maybe in the 3" to 3.5" range and EDC focused.

Of those 3 I'd say Lil Lady. But ... I think its time for a new model, maybe in the 3" to 3.5" range and EDC focused.
2v2Ei9h8rxurAoi.jpg

im down for that.
the only hang-up I can see is getting a bunch of people to commit to a knife that nobody has seen or held in their hand and relying solely on pictures.

2v2Ei9h8rxurAoi.jpg

im down for that.
the only hang-up I can see is getting a bunch of people to commit to a knife that nobody has seen or held in their hand and relying solely on pictures.

That is why I like the idea of a variation of an existing model ;) Just not sure WHICH variation would get the better support. I like a full handle with a little shorter blade. Good control but meets requirements of blade restrictions in some areas. I just cannot find something with a too small handle to be useful for real work.

The EDK is a great example. Wonderful full handle and nice short blade.

Bill

2v2Ei9h8rxurAoi.jpg

im down for that.

Sigh .. I feel the need to bust out 6 rolls of knives to do some brainstorming on blade/handle combo morphs. Like an EDK, BCK or OSK handle paired with a Handyman blade. At least people will know the attributes of a particular blade and what a particular handle feels like. :)

Back