1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Any ideas for the next Group Buy?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Lady1911, May 5, 2018.

1. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Awesome! Hoping to cross paths w/ you at bladeshow @Warrior108 And btw, thanks for the g10 recommendation.

Warrior108 likes this.
  2. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    The peer pressure! Oh man, it's hard to resist!

jaz322 likes this.
  3. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Get it!

4. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Ah,...just having fun with this since a gaucho has been in my crosshairs ever since @Comprehensivist posted that killer review. And the @Warrior108 g10 recommendation pushed me over the edge since its super durable stuff. But there are only 3 slots left. Now THAT’s pressure!

Odaon likes this.
  5. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    If it doesn’t work for you after you get it, this model will sell fast in the flea market. They don’t last.

6. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    I was really considering it hard, but had to go make dinner. Unfortunately, fortunately for my Blade stash, I missed out on the last few spots. Excited to see these finished up .

Lady1911 likes this.
  7. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Congrats to the Fiddleback crew for a sellout, and congrats to all the folks who snagged a new Gentleman’s Steak Knife! :thumbsup:

Since @VANCE has started a new thread specific to the Gaucho Buy, I hope this thread can be resurrected one day when it’s time for the next one. There were some good discussions and opinions presented.

Lots of cool patterns that were mentioned here are still awaiting their chance for a group buy, ie OS Karda, Lil Lady, Bushboot/Babyboot, et al. And since it’s mutually beneficial for Fiddleback Forge as well as the community here, I’m optimistic that everyone will have a shot at getting The One They Want in the future.

Thanks to @Fiddleback and @VANCE for listening, and caring. :)

Oyster, Odaon, Bmurray and 5 others like this.
  8. David L

David L

Feb 8, 2018

There really was a lot of Gaucho interest both in this thread and out of it. Five came up for sale recently with vendors and Fiddleback Friday and all sold instantly. There was a DI version that resold twice on the FM without any effort as well. I am surprised that 21 showed up for this knife yesterday but it I was sure that a handful of people had no second thoughts about this knife.

The OS Karda looked like it had quite a bit of momentum and it seems like the baby boots sell fast although I really am not paying attention to all of the models.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Odaon likes this.
  9. mwramos76

mwramos76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Has anyone suggested the Reaper yet? How has that model been received? I’d be really interested in that one

Lady1911 likes this.
  10. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Monarch perfect size for me

burnside likes this.
  11. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    H a n d y m a n n n n n n

12. burnside

burnside

May 30, 2012
    I'd love to see a Monarch group buy as well! Andy's personal "Grail knife".
    Exotic woods or Commando. 1/8" Tapered Tang, or 3/32". Swedge. (CPM154 would be very cool to see!)

Oyster likes this.
  13. Tutone

Tutone Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    I forgot to mention how awesome an F2 group buy would be‼️ The perfect fishing Fiddleback...... ABB1D49E-2FCD-473F-BD5F-2E4ECCF2C5F1.jpeg 40A30784-5AFB-458A-9B85-D29D4CF7C5B2.jpeg

Odaon, jaz322, Lady1911 and 2 others like this.
  14. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    The F2 is probably my favorite knife. Hard to say... I flip flop between it and the OS Lady, but I use the F2 far more.

Lady1911 and Tutone like this.
  15. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    I’d be happy to see something in the sub-3.5” category for the next one.
    But......
    I still can’t shake the idea of a matching set group buy. Ladyfinger/Lil Lady set or Bushboot/Babyboot set. I’d also be on board for a Monarch/Esquire set, Elf/Patch (if I’m not mistaken, these are siblings), or The Kardas. This way, we’d get the best of both worlds. Of course, it’s double-work for Andy and Crew, as well as double-money for us.....but I do believe there would be some among us who would gladly sign up for that.

burnside likes this.
  16. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    The Patch is actually part of the Recluse family.

Patch>Recluse>Leuku

I think the Elf is like their skinny cousin.

VANCE, Lady1911 and Warrior108 like this.
  17. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Sets will be tough for the forge and the buyers that would prefer one or the other.

18. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    You’re absolutely right. It was merely wishful thinking on my part.

Besides, people who want matching sets can just get them as they show up at dealers or in the Flea Market. Easy peasy.

Never mind.

19. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    Woodsman next?

fatboyclone likes this.
  20. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    H a n d y m a n :)

Odaon, fatboyclone and Tekton like this.