Any ideas for the next Group Buy?

I'm really enjoying the group buy system. We've been talking, and the next group buy is going to allow greater flexibility, and will focus on sets, and there will be a slight bit of contest thrown in as well.

I know there’s a lot of concensus here for the Handyman, which I’m not really opposed to, but when Andy mentioned focusing on sets, my little heart leapt for joy imagining the possibilities that would appeal to me.

Ladyfinger/Lil Lady
Bushboot/Baby boot - with SWEDGES ;)
The Kardas

Those 3 sets would get my vote (no surprise there), but I’m sure there will be other contenders, like the very large Bushie and Camp stuff.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with “greater flexibility and focus on sets”. :thumbsup::)

I want even more flexibility than that. Plus, I'd like to incorporate a challenge/contest for those whose sets are intended for bushcraft. Even then, if your set is intended for some other function it would not rule out participating in the group buy. The idea of the contest would be to create the best/coolest Nessmuk trio. The winner would get a machete to add to the bushcrafting set as the ideal member of the 'light chopper' member of the trio. I will put one firm condition though. I am just not set up here to do kitchen knives. So no Padres or Sandokumuks.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, Andy. Now I understand the context of “sets.” I was thinking along different lines. :thumbsup:

Welp, for all the Muk Fans out there, it sounds like a cool idea! I don’t muk around with Muks, but I’ve done a lot of Bushcrafty stuff with the Ladyfinger, Pro-Kephart, Bushboot, and a few others. So....I’ll wait for the next contest to roll around. :rolleyes:

I would love a Marbles Woodcraft style Fiddleback. I do love that pattern as I've held a few and they feel great.

I would definitely jump on board for either an Esquire or an Old School Karda with an Osage handle, and a 3/32" AEBL blade.

There are other models I would be into with the above combo, but those two are at the top of my list for a group buy right now.

This might be a crazy idea--how about offering the group buy based on handle material instead of blade profile.

For example: Have a Burlatex group buy where everyone gets blue or red burlap and chooses from 4 or 5 blade profiles, like the Old School Karda, Esquire, Handyman, or the EDC2, etc.

More flame box elder and scandi grinds. I would love a Flame Box Elder Nessmuk to go with my Kephart and Scandiman.

Picture when born.....
23961465592_2e1991a5d9_c.jpg

after seeing the Old School Karda on todays sales thread, that would be a sweet one. what are the specs on that model?

Back