Any New Blade IDEAS ?

You rang?

BKKleaver.png

ulu2.png

Stupid photosucket. Need to upload all my photos to my new host.
The ulu would be awesome with one 'horn' about an inch longer for penetration purposes. this has always seemed like an ulu's only lacking point as a true all-around blade.

The ulu would be awesome with one 'horn' about an inch longer for penetration purposes. this has always seemed like an ulu's only lacking point as a true all-around blade.
I've seen a few ulus with the "horn" you speak of.

D7M2xvTVHml0tZnJZa3LfKdOxTzRUtYfDv8WB3Xu3K8g6c2D4jX4QKftgkmtvA

A Becker facine/bill hook knife might be interesting....

n2s

A Becker take on the European billhook would be really interesting, as well as being a genuinely useful tool.

The billhook doesn't seem to have been as popular in the Americas as it was in Europe.

Almost every regional village in the UK seemed to have their own variant pattern, particularly in the south of England.

There's only one main traditional producer left forging them in England.

The modernised Fiskars and Silky versions aren't really that similar to the traditional ones.

Check out this vid for some footage of one in action:

https://www.billhooks.co.uk

AE8942FA-B05E-4E2B-A0B6-0ADB58C0D16F.jpeg

I'm always on the lookout for cool barongs, and a Beckerong just sounds cool. Seriously though, a Becker barong would be the bee's knees!
Beckeright sounds better than Beckerong though. :D

How a bout a two handle draw knife like for making a mast. The Becker handles would be perfect for it.

Last edited:
To my way of thinking, Mr. Becker makes the finest knives, period. I am, however, enamored with the design of the Khukuri. Yes, I am honored to have his Becker/Reinhardt Khukuri, and it is, indeed, a beauty. Not content to leave perfection alone, however, as I am F-A-R from being so, I did order VZ grips, and a custom sheath carriage system from Mr. Diez of Diez Knives. The sheath has provision for conventional carry, baldric carriage, and scout carriage possibilities. Options are GOOD!

All the above being said, in my sixty-nine, almost seventy years, I've never encountered a more intimidating, yet functional design, than the khukuri. This weekend, I ordered from a wonderful Lady, Mrs. Yangdu Martino, of Himalayan Imports, a great firm represented here on Blade Forums, one of her latest khukuri blades, the Father Military Replica with a lite weight, seen here in a review begun by EricTheRedBeard:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fathers-military-replica-palas-army-knife-review.1684262/

Mr. Becker's knives, I believe, as I only have four and am not an expert or Beckerhead, are what the Nepalese would call chiruwa- full tang knives. If he could but look at the pictures, and please consider designing a proper khukuri, NOT like the Ka-Bar Combat Kukri, that would incorporate grips like those on his Becker/Reinhardt Khukuri, as in Micarta or G10/VZ grips, with crossdraw carriage sheath, I'd be a very happy camper. I respectfully suggest a blade length of about 8-9" as a perfect EDC knife. Also, please consider two offerings- black coating OPTIONAL... I've used khukuris for chopping wood, clearing brush, and cooking. It is a "can-do" knife that offers much, as well as instant intimidation to those who would think of harming it's owner...

Yes, I've had Bowies, but only my BK9 remains, as it is my perfect choice in that genre. Likewise, a BK2, BK10 are what round out my "collection" of Becker knives.

My "collection" of Himalayan Imports khukuris is larger, having begun much earlier. Of them all, my favorite is an ornate (to me) Chiruwa Ang Khola Khukuri- the forerunner of the Father Military Replica in lite weight, mentioned above. The chiruwa design is hearty, like all of Mr. Becker's blades, and of wonderful quality. They are choppers, cleavers, and yes, you can , "slice, dice, julienne fry- GINSU" with them... Of course, panache, and TOTAL CONTROL are necessary, to keep ALL of your digits, let alone fingers, intact, and still attached to your hands...

Those kinds of blades, made by Mr. Becker, would provide the world with customizable khukuris that could meet any need. Like all his fine works, they would be legacy knives, to be passed down through the generations...

A Becker take on the European billhook would be really interesting, as well as being a genuinely useful tool.

The billhook doesn't seem to have been as popular in the Americas as it was in Europe.

Almost every regional village in the UK seemed to have their own variant pattern, particularly in the south of England.

The modernised Fiskars and Silky versions aren't really that similar to the traditional ones.

View attachment 1187825

Thanks for the video. I was completely unaware of hedge laying. Fantastic collection of bilhooks. Quite a lot of variations. Fascinating stuff.

I second your idea a Becker bilhook would be awesome.

View attachment 1187825

Great post, eveled! A modified billhook would make a great tool for making a sniper's hide.

Back