Anyang 25 ton press.

Not as sturdy looking as the Anyang, IMO. So what appears to have happened is that EVERYTHING has gotten expensive. :eek: I remember a few years back that a Matt Whitmus press or rolling mill was like $6500, but I am thinking that his press was a 40 ton.

I have heard at least one person say that it hits about like a 50 lbs LG.
That little 33 pound hammer is a dandy. I've seen them work and they do a lot bigger work than you think

Just got a quote back from him for the 25 ton. $5,950.

That takes care of that idea...

Yep, ill be passing on that for sure . just nuts for a chinese press that lists $2,000-$2,500 on alibaba if purchased direct from anyang. US distributor is marking those up bigtime. Looks well built, and safety features are nice, but at $6k i can get a usa made coal iron shipped and with a few extra dies included and a custom paint job.

$2500 in China. i wonder what the duties are on heavy equipment?
Yep, ill be passing on that for sure . just nuts for a chinese press that lists $2,000-$2,500 on alibaba if purchased direct from anyang. US distributor is marking those up bigtime. Looks well built, and safety features are nice, but at $6k i can get a usa made coal iron shipped and with a few extra dies included and a custom paint job.

Does anyone know what the 33 lb hammer goes for?

Around $3,000-3500k straight from anyang it looks like. So id wager $7-8k from distributor here going by the presses markup

I don't think that you could sell one for that much. You can get a Ken Zitur 75 pounder and a decent compressor for less than that. That press is pricey. You can get a 24 ton press from Uncle Al for $3500, but the Anyang does look a lot beefier.

Kens hammers are pretty awsome. His steam hammer type linkage makes for about the best controls you could hope for.
The last price I saw on a 33 pounder was around $5.5 K

Price really isn't that crazy, just high for a chinese made press. The coal iron is same range, and larry langdons presses made both look cheap back when he was still makin em. God i wish i coulda gotten one before the fire.

The uncle al press is pretty much only press sub $5k i can think of, and honestly not a fan of it. Squeels like a stuck pig, and sure didn't seem like 25 ton when i used it. Felt underpowered compared to other 20-30 ton presses ive had opportunity to mash metal with. Not that its bad, just that its kinda like what kmg is to grinders now. Used to be tops, now kinda meh as others moved in with more innovation and features.

Looking at the videos, that Anyang sure looks like it is pushing at least 27 tons.

One thing that I like about that MZ75 is that, according to Ken, you can run it on about any reasonable compressor in a pinch.

Kens hammers are pretty awsome. His steam hammer type linkage makes for about the best controls you could hope for.
The last price I saw on a 33 pounder was around $5.5 K

Looking at the videos, that Anyang sure looks like it is pushing at least 27 tons.
I think it's 28 tons. Thy say 25 metric tons. But math says 27.55 tons.

Price really isn't that crazy, just high for a chinese made press. The coal iron is same range, and larry langdons presses made both look cheap back when he was still makin em. God i wish i coulda gotten one before the fire.

You can still get one... Larry is still building presses, he just moved to Idaho and has a big fab shop there. Lemme know if you want contact info for him.

The Amanda Holbert press looks pretty good, a little more money than some but I would like to own one. Hopefully they still make them.

Hoss

Back