Anybody want to play fantasy dream build?

Working finish wharncliffe with a wf lockside and a polished titanium frag scale. Silver .45 cal filler tab, and silver skull clip. Please.

Ill take an XM-24 TANTO flipper, sandblasted bronze ano. lockside and liner, with brass lbs, brass stand offs, royal bronze skull filler tab, sandblasted bronze scale with a silver skull handle nut on the bottom most screw, the other 2 screws bronze ano. and sandblasted to match the scale and lockside. :D ...I also like the idea of regular sandblasted on either the lock side or scale side and just bronze ano sandblasted liner. ;) OHHH...and cant forget...a bronze ano thumbstud!! please? :D:D

now THAT my friends is how you do it! LOL. :)

My new fantasy dream build is a set of bronze anodized titanium textured or frag scales for my fieldtac. Please.

Me thinks someone stumbled onto this thread without realizing it's a Hinderer-based thread.

I have always been a big fan of Rick's wharnie grind, it is no secret that I want a 3" custom wharnie some day with all the extra Ti bits. This knife fits the fantasy build as well with a 3.5" wharnie grind and a whole slew of Ti goodies wearing blue anodization (thumbstud, pivot screw, standoffs, scale screws, LBS):

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

(pics courtesy of Rob Orlando as my pics absolutely suck)

That is a beautiful knife RDA, love everything about it, nicely appointed ! As usual with Rob O great photos!

Very cool indeed Rich. Looks like the stitches I'd end up with after playing with that edge :)

That is absolutely one of the most beautiful and creative custom knives I have seen. Amazing!

As I reported elsewhere, the temperature in the shop must have jumped a few degrees when Rob did the laser work, I can't believe how deeply etched it is, the laser must go to 11. Either that or the lights in the shop began to dim when the laser was churning.

As I reported elsewhere, the temperature in the shop must have jumped a few degrees when Rob did the laser work, I can't believe how deeply etched it is, the laser must go to 11. Either that or the lights in the shop began to dim when the laser was churning.

and Robs hair stood straight up and he was heard saying, " BooAhhhAhhhh, I t 's A L I V E !!!"

With the stitching (looks like baseball stitching to me) and the colors- please tell me that was a custom made for someone affiliated with the Texas Rangers.

Working finish wharncliffe with a wf lockside and a polished titanium frag scale. Silver .45 cal filler tab, and silver skull clip. Please.

Skinner, recurve, or wharncliffe in WF blade w/ black DLC lockside.. Scale doesn't matter because it's going to change periodically anyway :) (BUT still want a pond w/ green highlights...)

DLC slicer or wharnie FXM with textured CF scales and bronze ti handle nuts. That is my new dream. Hey it could happen!

DLC Wharnies were mentioned in this thread like 6 months ago(ish).

With that in mind something to wish for next summer...Production Skinners, Production Spearpoints, Non-Choil Slicers, 3" Wharnies, another run of FXMs (DLC??? Please!) and FLASHPOINTS!!!!asap. Just putting it out there...

Back