Apocalypse knife?

Give me my Laconico EDC fixed blade in S35VN on my belt for my daily cutting tasks,
on my back a Tactical Wak for slicey-slicey,

finally

RMJ Shrike Tomahawk to do everything else, like to chop through buildings, cars, helicopters, the Gates of Hell, stubborn cans of beans...you know the good stuff...and I have yet to see a zombie skull stand up to a Shrike spike;).

I got my busse BWM, but id likely take my whole collection. Knives would likely prove to be very valuable and could be traded for food, etc. I always find it interesting with these types of threads where people post how they would raid and steal all sorts of crap and kill people and such. The animal in the man really comes out. IMO the people that worked together to restart a community would likely have more success than those who would run on a mission of stealing and plundering. In any case, the world will likely be a very nasty place considering how willing people are to do these types of things.

I'll have my favorite SAK - a blue ALOX Vic 'Farmer'. Zombies hate blue... Anyway, I opened the package containing my Blu Ray copy of AMC's 'The Walking Dead Season 1' with it - trial by fire. I'm ready... and it kits in my pocket better than a KaBar, RC-5, etc.

Stainz

Fixed: Ferhman Last Chance
Folding: Severtech Spartan

neither will get much use unless there is an apocolypse.

Of what I now own, Junglas. If I didn't own anything and had to get one, Junglas. ;)

I own HI and KH khukuris, a Becker BK9,a husqvarna hatchet, Fallkniven F1, a quite a few other knives but the ones that will definitely be attached to my BOB is a Junglas. If I could have only one this would be it. However as far as blades go what I will probably get caught with my pants down with is a victorinox spirit tool, esee izula and a extrema ratio shrapnel or esee 3 as I rotate these two knives. These items I keep on my person at all times. In my bag I will have a junglas, and in my trunk I will probably have a HI 18 sirupate, 14 inch imacasa daga or my husqvarna hatchet.

Ahem, my entire kit/uniform is as follows.

CRKT SOTFB M60 on my right side
Ontario MKIII USN in my pack
Benchmade 551SBKSN in my right pocket
CRKT Stiff KISS strapped to my leg
CRKT Apache II in my left pocket
Wal-Mart Machete strapped across my back (bottom left -> top right)

My bug out bag contains:
3 Steel water bottles
Lighter
Matches (waterproof)
Water purification tablets
100Ft of 550 Paracord
120Rds 30/06 ammo
Remington 760 30/06 (Carried by a sling)
Hydration bladder
My refinished 2lb camp axe
GPS
Batteries (AA)
Walkie-Talkies (to communicate with "The Crew")
2 Maglite flashlights
1 Headlamp
3 cans of Pork N' Beans
3 Cans of Dog Food (Explained later)

My Uniform:
Philadelphia Phillies Ball Cap
Florida Gators Jersey over a white shirt
Wrangler jeans over my plaid boxers
Converse Chuck Taylor Bodega shoes (White)
Socks (White)
White Canvas Belt

Vehicle: 1985 Ford Bronco II :thumbup:

Companion: my 10 year old Husky/Rottweiler mix - Garth.

Hope that paints a picture of my preparedness.:cool:

I'm not crazy, this is for fun...until it happens.

Ahem, my entire kit/uniform is as follows.

CRKT SOTFB M60 on my right side
Ontario MKIII USN in my pack
Benchmade 551SBKSN in my right pocket
CRKT Stiff KISS strapped to my leg
CRKT Apache II in my left pocket
Wal-Mart Machete strapped across my back (bottom left -> top right)

My bug out bag contains:
3 Steel water bottles
Lighter
Matches (waterproof)
Water purification tablets
100Ft of 550 Paracord
120Rds 30/06 ammo
Remington 760 30/06 (Carried by a sling)
Hydration bladder
My refinished 2lb camp axe
GPS
Batteries (AA)
Walkie-Talkies (to communicate with "The Crew")
2 Maglite flashlights
1 Headlamp
3 cans of Pork N' Beans
3 Cans of Dog Food (Explained later)

My Uniform:
Philadelphia Phillies Ball Cap
Florida Gators Jersey over a white shirt
Wrangler jeans over my plaid boxers
Converse Chuck Taylor Bodega shoes (White)
Socks (White)
White Canvas Belt

Vehicle: 1985 Ford Bronco II :thumbup:

Companion: my 10 year old Husky/Rottweiler mix - Garth.

Hope that paints a picture of my preparedness.:cool:

I'm not crazy, this is for fun...until it happens.

best post so far.

Ok, how I'm currently set up-

Bug Out Bag (Blackhawk Raptor bag- gift from BF member and all around good guy "Skeet")

Camillus Air Force Survival knife
Leatherman Wave
Two Mag Lights (D Cell and mini 'AA' light)
Kershaw Storm
Ammo (9mm, 32acp, 30-30, 12 gauge, 22lr)
High Standard "Double Nine" 22 revolver
Water purification & 32oz bottle(plus hydration bladder w/bag)
Fiskars hatchet strapped to bag
tarp and various fire starting apparatus
Military survival bars @ emergen 'c' packs
Wound Kit

Firearms
Remington 870
Winchester Model 94 (hunting...30-30 passes the "wal mart" test, easy ammo to find)
Glock 19
Keltec 32

Blades on me would likely be any combination of Endura, American Lawman, SAK camper, Izula II(always on me with the SAK), Griptilian. Will also have a ledlenser V2 and Streamlight Stylus Pro on me

Wife's BOB if I'm lucky enough to be with her when it happens

Leatherman Fuse
SAK Spartan
Izula (pink)
22 and 38 ammo
blanket
Dog Food
More fire starting stuff
MREs
Basic first aid kit
Coast headlamp
AA and AAA batteries

On her
Taurus model 85 .38 revolver(pink)
Benchmade Mini grip(pink)
Boker Cruel Girl (pink)
Steamlight Nano(pink)
Ruger 10/22 with 50 rd mag (I expect to have to find a pink stock for this at some point....jeaaazzzzus!)

Very smart jack russell/border collie mix and a meaner than hell 10lb Chihuahua.

For me this is a great post, and I like the sentiment expressed that working together with others would be more successful than being a loner. I have a family like most of you and I would outfit my wife and kids with all the gear that they could pack, but seriously in an unserious scenario, I still think that staying put at home would be safer than moving as a group through towns, cities, wilderness. That's if home was still standing. I've taught my 3 oldest kids how to shoot and they love it. For me in a crap hits the fan, my AK47 is the one I would pick over my AR15s, coz of more smackdown for each bullet. Pistol: Glock 22. Knives: on me: ESEE5, ZT 0200, Izula on my neck. Becker BK5 close by (I love that beeehatch). Kids: Ruger red dot 10/22s, spydercos and KaBars, BK2s. Wife: ESEE 6 and Glock 20, Mini 14 or RRA AR15. I could outfit 7 more people with useful items. Ive prospered in the land so far........Seriously....lets work on our food storage now, today. Never know what could happen. Just a couple more cans from walmart on your next trip. Add to it every time you go. A bic lighter here, another box of .22 there, order that knife you've been putting off. Great post!!!

USMC KaBar and a Cold Steel Rajah II. I'd also take my Benchmade 755 MPR and my Izula. In my B.O.B.- Zippo lighter, extra flints, small can of lighter fluid, fire starter in case i lose or use up said lighter, medical kit, water/reusable bottles, a flashlight and some batteries, foul-weather gear.

Chainsaw counts as a knife, right?

9yRjTb5E.jpg

haha I saw that same show last night "Doomsday Preppers". It was actually pretty interesting to see what certain folks are doing.

If anything did happen, I would truthfully take all my knives with me.. It would be a damn shame to leave any behind and since my collection is very small they would all tag along for the apocalypse. But if I had to choose a few I would go with:

ESEE 6 PE, or sharpened clip point
Spyderco Military, digi camo to blend in of course and not attract the attention of zombies/cannibal hill people the way the orange would :)
Machete - ESEE Lite Machete w/sheath
Tomahawk - ontario ranger or bm killian

Ya! That's the show I saw. Ya some of that stuff seemed a bit over the top for me, but I really liked some of the stuff simply for cost savings! I mean if I could get all of my food from my back yard I could save a lot of cash! Also, ya I think if anything actually happened none of us would have a problem carrying all of our knives. To be honest knives aren't THAT heavy compared to how useful they are.

Seems that harvest implements will be the tool of the day.......

"Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.

Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the vats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. "

Back