1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Are BK9's Still Cool?

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by BMCGear, Jan 1, 2021.

1. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    You won't be disappointed man, it's a hell of a good knife.

2. GeofS

GeofS “Nostra-bladus” Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Once you start putting it through its paces, you’ll promptly realize that it’s a great multipurpose knife. It chops like a machine yet it’s incredible nimble. I have many more expensive knives that aren’t as good. :thumbsup:

3. lobo9er

lobo9er

Jan 5, 2013
    Im looking forward to it. At 118 bucks I can still justify something else down the road. I've had a BK2 for years by my wood stove for kindling. Been abused, batoned through garbage wood, occasionally finding nails with out a hiccup.
    I would like a big ol BUSSE at some point. they've gone up in price since last I was following them. Not begrudged towards them. Good for them. But couldn't justify it right now, unless a user comes up on the exchange.

Any how hope to add some BECKER pics soon.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021 at 9:43 PM
    Xr6x, GeofS and The Warrior like this.
  4. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    We'll definitely need some photos. :thumbsup:

Xr6x, GeofS and lobo9er like this.
  5. lobo9er

lobo9er

Jan 5, 2013
    that video doesn't look any easier or safer than batoning small pieces indoors. My BK2 makes short work of it and you can make smaller pieces with a large knife easier, safer and more controlled indoors tapping off slices off the sides and corners. Just my mileage though. I own axes, hatchets, and mauls, just my way of doing it.

GeofS likes this.
  6. GeofS

GeofS “Nostra-bladus” Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    The BK2 and the BK9 make an excellent duo. Sounds like you appreciate the 2; that said, I think you’re really going to like the 9 too. Around here, we call it the King for a reason. :thumbsup:

Also, you have a very nice start to a fine Becker collection; should you be happy with the 9 and would like to check out a third blade to really compliment the two you have, I’d recommend the BK16 tweener. It’s one of Ethan’s favorites and it’s designed very well. :)

Final thought, I have a Busse Hell Razor 2 and it’s a nicely built tank of a knife; still, I find myself regularly reaching for the King. :D

lobo9er likes this.
  7. lobo9er

lobo9er

Jan 5, 2013
    I have a healthy appreciation for the BK2. It does what it does well. The Hell Razor 2 was calling my name for sure. I had a Boss Jack that I regret selling. But thats the hobby, I like to buy and sell off and more than once theres the blades I wish I held onto. Another one I miss is an EsKabar...

Ill take a closer look at the 16

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021 at 10:58 PM
    GeofS likes this.
  8. TwinStick

TwinStick

Jan 21, 2011
    Yes & they will always be cool. A VERY functional blade at a working persons wages. Period.

I will say upfront that this is absolutely a compliment : The entire BK&T line is very similar to the A-10 Thunderbolt or affectionately know as the Warthog. Not the newest fanciest design, sheaths are the weak point for many but they function & function WELL & have it where it counts. They are loved by thousands & can be modified to your liking. It flat out does it's business & does it well, without breaking the bank. THAT will never go out of style.

Xr6x, th3ug1y0n3, GeofS and 1 other person like this.
  9. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    The niner and the sixteen are two of the best of the breed.

GeofS and Xr6x like this.
  10. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    I have been looking at different blades, itching to buy something, and I always look at my Beckers and wonder why I need to spend the equivalent of 3 of my Beckers on one fixed blade. I mean, I've only done yard work with them, nothing fancy like splitting logs and making fire, but they work great, are beautiful knives, and don't cost an arm and a leg.
    I mean, I have a kabar dogs head as well, and it's beautiful and classic. But I want more Beckers.

Also waiting on a kydex sheath for my 16. I wanted a more compact sheath to carry every day. Yup... I'm finally getting into carrying a fixed blade every day!

Waiting on a good deal on a bk9. And I'm looking into getting a pistol... Decisions decisions!

11. tanglediver

Sep 2, 2013
    ;)
    Training pays.
    [​IMG]

12. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    Where did you find that? Haha!

tanglediver likes this.
  13. tanglediver

Sep 2, 2013
    Floating around the ethranet. :p

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021 at 12:02 AM
  14. gtblade

gtblade Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 22, 2015
    So much going on in this picture.

15. lobo9er

lobo9er

Jan 5, 2013
    Sorry to ask this here... can I post a pic direct from my phone

16. Drop bear

Drop bear

May 3, 2020
    I have never been happy with the edge of an Ontario.

17. lobo9er

lobo9er

Jan 5, 2013
    What knives will fit in the smaller knife pocket on the bk9 sheath? Anything besides the bk13?

18. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    When the going gets rough, those pricy choppers stay home in their snuggly wraps, while the BK-9 goes out to play. :)

n2s

19. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    it was designed for the bk13 - there are probably other knives that fit, but I don't know what they would be.

Mass1632 and lobo9er like this.
  20. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011