Are BK9's Still Cool?

Edit: I got the BK9 in and it is very cool.
Yes it is.

Fonzie says "Ayyyyyyy". :thumbsup:

qFjLay7.jpg

Crag the Brewer

Gold Member
If i had an extra one, it looks like a perfect mod. Otherwise, im really happy with the way it is currently.

Haha..... I think about getting an extra one because I sometimes think I shouldn't of put the big choil in it.... ? :/

Mass1632

Gold Member
I thought i wanted to put a choil on mine. But so far ive been using it just fine without one. At the same time, i thought i wouldnt like the choil on the 5 but it sure is useful.

Crag the Brewer

Gold Member
I thought i wanted to put a choil on mine. But so far ive been using it just fine without one. At the same time, i thought i wouldnt like the choil on the 5 but it sure is useful.
Yes....the 5 is handy..... I think I'd prefer it without the choil, and without the ground spine..... It's still my favorite.
I'm doing a custom, that's kinda influenced by it

Well I still got my 3 BK 9s with micarta handles. Still no reason to get an Esse Unguless (Ugulonus?) thingy 1 or 2. Seeing how I use them as multi-tools as they are mid level choppers to me, I got me dedicated heavy choppers (local conditions dictate that), but still can do chopping to the light knice knife stuff. Hence a True-Multi-Tacti-Cool-Tool, that be used way above its weight class. (Americans seem to like those types of tools). For base price point and after market up grades, lets one find an acquire one more readily. And well, they work well. To me its in the running if can only have one large blade for a hike, its in the running based on need. Well that's one big knife per person, so we have over lap and so those ones who get lost have some thing to prep a place for the night, but every one has a saw of some sorts! The most important wood processing tool! (After showing them how to baton they see the logic doing it over hack your hand hatchet.)
It's Cool if its a multi-use tool!

Two "Weakness" I've figured out are the skeltonized handle that might break for some weird harmonic laws of physics or just the usual shite happens stuff, and the usual common put it liquid nitrogen and then bash with a depleted uranium alloy sledge hammer. (My adamantium-vibranium stock pile was declared a "Stragic Reserve!" by the Goverment and "Requistioned" before I could make a hammer out of it).

sonofwilfred

Platinum Member
OMG, how many SAKs do you own??? :eek:
I don't really know... but there is 100 or so in that drawer and and two more drawers like it under that one, then there is alot of Alox and 111mm as well. 33 years of collecting with no selling adds up. I limit myself to only a few fixed blades I try to sell one to buy one, and the BK9 has stayed with me for along time it's a keeper.