Are quick sharpeners safe to use on high quality steels? do they even work?

I think my friend has some problems with fine motor control and I don't have any issues with cleaning up the primary bevels on a couple of Moras that I gave him or sharpening his pocket knife, when I have a nice bench stone or similar available. For the other 99+% of the time the ERU seems ideal.

Fred,

Post a link or PM me when more information becomes available. Thanks.

Will do!

I make my own. I love it.

I have a couple knives that have high quality steels like S90V, and CTS-XHP. If I ever needed to touch up the knife and get it at a decent sharpness would
using something like a Benchmade Redi-Edge or any other kind of quick sliding sharpeners be harmful to the blades? Should I stick with the Sharpmaker and never attempt to use those types of sharpeners? Thanks

Laurence,

I rarely used the 600 only when I wanted a more polished looking edge. When do you have time to fish? :)

Fred

I don't have time to fish anymore which is real sad considering where I live by the Pacific Ocean.
These days I buy my Ahi Tuna & Alaskan Halibut etc at the market which is fine since the demand for great fresh fish here is strong for all of the Sushi restaurants. I do so love catching my own!

Back