Are You Kidding Me???

nice!
congrats!

Todd - how much longer is that than the template I made for you in the spring?

nice!
congrats!

Thanks man. This is also a vik sized handle. :thumbup:

nice!
congrats!

Thanks man. This is also a vik sized handle. :thumbup:

You know, its 10:30 p.m. I just got out of the shower and ate my supper. While I was in the shower I was thinking of the template you made for me Vik and thought, "I ought to mention that on this thread" swear by all thats holy. So, to answer your question and to tell Dubz some more history on this piece. Vik knew a few months ago I was going to do this. Since you and him have about the same size meat hooks. He made a wooden template of a Yuma with modified handles to suite him in Ethans shop. The second I rolled up he gave it to me and said this was the handle that would work for you. I brought it home, and just to be safe, added a 1/4 in. to it.

You know, its 10:30 p.m. I just got out of the shower and ate my supper. While I was in the shower I was thinking of the template you made for me Vik and thought, "I ought to mention that on this thread" swear by all thats holy. So, to answer your question and to tell Dubz some more history on this piece. Vik knew a few months ago I was going to do this. Since you and him have about the same size meat hooks. He made a wooden template of a Yuma with modified handles to suite him in Ethans shop. The second I rolled up he gave it to me and said this was the handle that would work for you. I brought it home, and just to be safe, added a 1/4 in. to it.

Awesome man. I think vik's hand is bigger than mine. This is slightly long (no complaints!), but I like a little wiggle room. I actually have skinny fingers, believe it or not, just a wide hand. I never really thought my hands were that big, until I started getting into knives. My dad had big hands. He had big fingers too. I have a ring he made for his ring finger, and I can easily slide it over my thumb.

Well, like Murph said earlier. The running joke around the shop since we started this project was, if this handle wasn't big enough we were calling bullshit. Lol. I told him if you said it wasn't big enough. I was going to buy you a spear and cut off about 4in. of the handle and send it to you and say the hell with it. :D

Well, like Murph said earlier. The running joke around the shop since we started this project was, if this handle wasn't big enough we were calling bullshit. Lol. I told him if you said it wasn't big enough. I was going to buy you a spear and cut off about 4in. of the handle and send it to you and say the hell with it. :D

Haha. :D I should have done some fancy GIMPing of an in hand shot. Make it look too small. :D

Awesome man. I think vik's hand is bigger than mine. This is slightly long (no complaints!), but I like a little wiggle room. I actually have skinny fingers, believe it or not, just a wide hand. I never really thought my hands were that big, until I started getting into knives. My dad had big hands. He had big fingers too. I have a ring he made for his ring finger, and I can easily slide it over my thumb.

heh.
I never knew I had big hands either - until I got a size 10.5 wedding band stuck on my pinkie 10 minutes before my best friend's wedding...
now Todd Knows - if you ever order an M9 or M18, he can do the same handle alterations he did for mine and it'll fit you just fine. (Ethan seemed impressed with how comfortable the handle was as well)

heh.
I never knew I had big hands either - until I got a size 10.5 wedding band stuck on my pinkie 10 minutes before my best friend's wedding...
now Todd Knows - if you ever order an M9 or M18, he can do the same handle alterations he did for mine and it'll fit you just fine. (Ethan seemed impressed with how comfortable the handle was as well)

Tis true. The handle is freakin' comfortable. Love the contouring of it.

I should also point out that Todds leather work is amazing. This sheath is top notch. :thumbup:

Awesome story guys. Sweet knife you got Dubz and much deserved. Todd, gestures like that go a long way, not only for Dubs, but for the rest of us on this forum witnessing the work and deeds.

Awesome story guys. Sweet knife you got Dubz and much deserved. Todd, gestures like that go a long way, not only for Dubs, but for the rest of us on this forum witnessing the work and deeds.

Thanks man, this thing is awesome. Todd's a hell of a good guy.

Dubs I was going to post that I had done something terrible and Murphy like to that when I was in the shop, but the truth is I just Ooohhhd and Ahhhed over it ..lol
I did guess what it was first glance though. I saw it on the dable and said "Damn Todd, is that a Dubs sized Yuma ?"...lol

Dubs I was going to post that I had done something terrible and Murphy like to that when I was in the shop, but the truth is I just Ooohhhd and Ahhhed over it ..lol
I did guess what it was first glance though. I saw it on the dable and said "Damn Todd, is that a Dubs sized Yuma ?"...lol

Haha. :D I've been ooing and ahing over since it arrived.

Freakin' double tap.

That's pretty cool! Knowing what the regular size is, you've got some bear-sized mitts!

That's pretty cool! Knowing what the regular size is, you've got some bear-sized mitts!

It really is awesome man. They are some wide mitts, fo sho.

First of all....congrats dubz..you've earned it. I wonder how many logos in people's sigs are from you.....nice knife. The yuma is amazing.

Secondly.......Did I read that right......Todd, you were thinking about Vik in the shower?:eek:

I'm not judging.....just a little hurt is all:D

Thanks man. Most people that have sigs on the Becker forum are from me. A few did their own.

Good stuff fellas. Always makes me glad I found this little corner of the interwebs when I see stuff like this.

Back