Around the Anvil. the official chat thread.

Live,
I think it depends on the designer. Some don't seem to mind that other people copy them. Others do not want anyone copying them...

I can understand that perfectly. The reason I ask is that recently I have picked up a couple of knives that really have an excellent hand feel and wondered what they could be if they were elevated into a custom. One is the Izulu II and the other is the BHK Long trail. The Long trail to me is by no means a new design as I have seen the knife look similar by other producers. The curve on the spine really make their knives perform well and with a few tweaks could be perfect. No disrespect to either knife as they are both up at the top of my favorites.

TheLT.jpg

Izulu.jpg

Live it loud- Give Blind Horse a call. They will work with you for whatever tweaks you want with one of their knives.

Live it loud- Give Blind Horse a call. They will work with you for whatever tweaks you want with one of their knives.

Thanks I have had them do some special request stuff. I was just interested in seeing some customs on that basic design. I can't tell you how good those knives feel in the hand. :)

Why is this forum so quiet, I've had 5 replies total in my last 3 threads.....it's almost as painful as pulling teeth !!!!:(

Maybe its time someone lit a fire in here. :eek:

Maybe ! I just figured there should be enough of Mark's knives out there now to warrant a few more posts and reviews.
Heck even idle chat is better than no chat at all !

I hear you. I'm a bit new to this forum and have 2 knives coming but nothing to review yet. I promise I'll make some noise when they get here. :thumbup:

Heck even idle chat is better than no chat at all !

I'll play. I don't have any of Mark's knives but I've got two on order, a Booshway and a Tin knife, and will have them soon. Mark mentioned earlier that he had two knives stolen from the USPS. Those were mine. It took over a week and calls to the postal distribution hub to even find out what happened. Someone opened the box, removed the contents, and through the box in the outgoing line instead of the deliverable line. The woman who finally told me what happened (after almost 20 calls) didn't even care, said it was a common occurrence and that's what insurance is for. I couldn't believe that management would say such a thing.

P.S.- Pit, I have you to thank for turning me on to Mark's stuff. Its the pics of your Boosh that got me over here.

I'll play. I don't have any of Mark's knives but I've got two on order, a Booshway and a Tin knife, and will have them soon. Mark mentioned earlier that he had two knives stolen from the USPS. Those were mine. It took over a week and calls to the postal distribution hub to even find out what happened. Someone opened the box, removed the contents, and through the box in the outgoing line instead of the deliverable line. The woman who finally told me what happened (after almost 20 calls) didn't even care, said it was a common occurrence and that's what insurance is for. I couldn't believe that management would say such a thing.

P.S.- Pit, I have you to thank for turning me on to Mark's stuff. Its the pics of your Boosh that got me over here.

Real sorry to hear what happened with the post, that sucks big time !:(:thumbdn:

Glad to hear that I got ya over here though buddy, I hope ya still thanking me when you finally get em...I'm sure you will !;):thumbup:

Hey guys just checking in. I am at the eye doctor. My wife got some knives etched today so hope to get some shipping done! Been scrambling to get caught up on homework. I am an example of why you should go to college when you are young! Lol

Liveoutloud, if you want some mods let me know.

Md 25v, we need to figure out your shipping!

And boy, when you have 7 kids and they all get sick at once, that's a house full of sick kids! Wish they sold kids medicine by the quart!

UPS of Fedex is good, pretty much anywhere but the US postal service. They have screwed up to many times and having yours stoloen was the last straw for them.

Ok... I will check and let you know how and when. Your knives are ready....

Took my 5160 booshway out this w/e. We did a ski in 4.5 miles to a state cabin for a couple nights-beautiful! Chopped through 2 frozen birch limbs-approx circumfirence around 10"-wood was so hard it almost sounded like I was chopping through glass. Also batonned a bit too. Afterward it still sliced paper without being touched up! Very impressive I believe the heat treat is spot on. Sorry no pics now.
Thanks Mark

Mark ever think of taking a crack at these?

Pictures respectfully borrowed from Google search.

Skookum.jpg

sbtstrop2079hc8.jpg

bcnw01.jpg

knives_sheath.jpg

Hey Mark.

You wanted me to let you know how your heat treat on my slicer you made me out of 52100 worked out.

I stropped it with 1 micron diamond paste on a strop to where it is a polished edge.

It still shaves and I have used it extensively in the kitchen and a little in the field.

So far so good. It is working out very nice.

Live, If I could learn how to put on that butt cap! I am sure I could make some like that.

Mike, glad it is holding up!

Mark ... you have 7 kids!? I think my three are a hand full. You are the man. Running a business and going to school. That hammer must be darn heavy at the end of the day.

What are you going to school for?

Liveitloud ... the Skookum is one of my favorite blades. Mark, I'd like one without the buttcap. The Skookum is very handle heavy as is. That OsageOrange handled L6 Mora proto has a similar handle profile at a glance.

What am I studying?

How to child proof your home. I have tried but they keep getting back in! Lol

Not really.

Getting all my general courses out of the way. Looking at something in the medical field. Have to see how I do in science. I am doing pretty well in the social sciences

Back