Asymmetric Edge Resource Thread

:thumbup: :D :D :cool: :cool:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Theoretically one could create an asymmetric edge by only sharpening one side correct? Say when using a stone or diamond plate?

I'm gonna find a blade that needs a tune up..... :D :cool:

I've convexed one side of a V ground B11 with a belt grinder using a slack belt and was very happy with the result. Performed very much like an original asym edge. :thumbup:

I had three coated asym B11's from Blade 2010 and sent them in to Garth for strip jobs and satin finishes. He added the etched logos--nice touch, eh? :thumbup: :D

I had three coated asym B11's from Blade 2010 and sent them in to Garth for strip jobs and satin finishes. He added the etched logos--nice touch, eh? :thumbup: :D
I wonder if I have one of those now. I thought it started out as a v grind, but that wouldn't explain why it doesn't really fit my kydex. I should switch it out with the one I've been using and try it out. Next time I see it I'll check for the logo

They were advertised as full convex primary grind to zero edge and I didn't want to muck that up. After they were shipped I discovered they're actually full flat ground to a blended convex edge, so I wish I'd known. Harder to convert a convex edge to asym, so would have preferred to have them asym ground in the first place. To answer your question, unfortunately no.

One of the original "Drunken Janitors edition". Hasnt used it, cant bring myself to do so, have another B11 at the custom shop right now, for that asym.grind conversion, will be back with a user report when it gets here. Got a SH-E lately, asym.grind that one, too. Will bring it into rotation, just hasnt happend yet.

N6pHwPLl.jpg
7rpwDnsl.jpg

Love those asym.grinds because they are so easy to maintaine, just some light stropping on the right side and they are "swine shaving sharp", i`ll say sharper than most other knives that i got. Pic showing my user Basic-9 in modified Infi, bites quite well that one...

nIlUfSrh.jpg

Back