Attn. All Smatchetorians! . . . Wanna Help Design The Busse Combat Smatchet?. . . Start Drinkin'!!!

I really like #12, but maybe a bit more flare at the pommel (nothing extreeeeeeeeemmmmmmmm). Balance ever so slightly forward (like an inch into the blade).

Zero convex edge.

Last edited:
Might also consider a rounder tip similar to Masai warrior knives, which are very handy. Try a image search with a search engine for many examples.
Count me in for the longest you’ll make.

24. With no cbt. 3.2 wide convex blade 11" long. .20 thick? I like the rounded pommel and the wide fuller that follows lines of the blade

Not sure which one the big guy is going to settle on but, have faith, a smatchet is coming. This will be my first real chance to use a smatchet and I will be happy with whatever version it ends up being. Looking forward to playing with one.

Garth

The d guard smatchett would be so cool!

Also like too many of the other designs to pick one!!

I love 13 with 17's grind...can't get over the d-guard version, although that's not even my thing! I am an 8.5" blade fan...not much I could not do with that! I also love the "boot knife" idea with #2's configuration...5.5" blade with handle scaled to match...I have never had a Busse coffin handle, and this would be a perfect fit, in m opinion. I love some of the other handle configs and they are nice, the coffin just looks perfect, and I have heard is is great in hand. I also just love #17 as is, and I am not a smatchet enthusiast, and I am also a fan of the symmentrical look all around with a more practical grind (for me) in #17...lose some symmetry with the 17 handle, although if that became available tomorrow, I might have to go back into more debt...

Very cool thread and thanks for soliciting ideas and feedback, BoSS!!

C

Back