Attn. All Smatchetorians! . . . Wanna Help Design The Busse Combat Smatchet?. . . Start Drinkin'!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Aug 2, 2019.

1. kjunx

kjunx Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2008

Thank you for the hardy welcome and information! :thumbsup: Glad to know I haven’t missed the launch. I have a couple items on order from the shop pending fulfillment (HR2, TGULB, SRMSW, and the SYKCO WS-221) but have yet to purchase a ‘big chopper’ hence the interest here (as this design might be the perfect balance of what I’m looking for)...

Curious what handle shapes on previous models are the best from a ‘comfort in use’ perspective. I see there are a couple handle options on the smatchet being considered in Jerry’s renderings. I imagine a flared base of some kind helps retain the heavier blade but likely any directional handle may limit which side of the blade gets primary use.

Thoughts and musings welcome as I read through the forum with a Blanton’s in hand.

2. kjunx

Jan 9, 2008
    ... also in terms of design I’m liking #19, but with #13’s partial (3/4 edge) double sided blade (maybe even 1/2 or 1/4 double edge) I like the idea someone mentioned earlier about keeping part of the blade flat/not sharpened for batoning.

3. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    There's a list of all Busse & kin releases (with links) since this thread started at: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/busse-2019-offerings-and-beyond.1634299/

ScoMa and kjunx like this.
  4. jeffbird

jeffbird Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Jerry,
    tossing another handle idea - how about something similar to the Randall 18 and CRK Jereboam to stow some waterproof matches, maybe as an option.
    Like this design a lot.

5. kjunx

Jan 9, 2008
    when this design is finalized...if the widest part of the blade could also support flipping a pancake i wouldn't be disappointed. I know videos have been produced with produce in the past so one showcasing some cooking abilities to smatchet it up, flip it (... rub it down?....oh no!) could be great marketing fuel.

boring likes this.
  6. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS IS ACTUALLY GONA HAPPEN... SIGN ME UP, PLZ & Thank U

OldKnight likes this.