• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

autoknife.com good,bad, ugly ??????

Bad and ugly would best describe this site. very high shipping, for such slow service, then you finally get broken knives. Then they don't make it right. I should have researched them before I sent M.O. DONT DO IT!!!!:thumbdn::thumbdn::thumbdn:

I have had issues with them too! I should have known by the homepage of their website. Looks like absolute trash!

Bad and ugly would best describe this site. very high shipping, for such slow service, then you finally get broken knives. Then they don't make it right. I should have researched them before I sent M.O. DONT DO IT!!!!:thumbdn::thumbdn::thumbdn:

How much did you pay for shipping for your knife?

OP- Sorry to hear this.
I had a very good experience with Autoknife and I really like my Balisong from them. I forgot to order a pocket clip and they sent me one at no charge.
rolf

I had a great experience with Jon!
Microtech LUDT broke a spring when it was brand new. Couldn't get in touch with their CS for a month, e mails & calls. Sent Jon an e mail and he got right back to me.
He fixed my knife, made me 2 extra springs and machined the tools required.....sent them to me also. All done in a month.
No complaints here.
Joe

i've had good experiences with him many many times but i'm an easy going type customer most times, not always. he was very decent with me and helped me just fine. course i haven't had any what i'd call real issues in my dealings with him either. there is much on this seller on here...aka roadside imports. he was banned from here long ago. his customer service skills on his sites alone are interesting and that's all i'm gonna say.

Just joined. 3 posts - 2 about this. No details, just an accusation? You need to provide some real details to be taken seriously. Do not know the seller nor the OP.

Just joined. 3 posts - 2 about this. No details, just an accusation? You need to provide some real details to be taken seriously. Do not know the seller nor the OP.

Why chime in at all if you have no info? The ownerof autoknife is the same guy who owns exiled cutlery and roadside imports.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/572798-Assistedknife-com?highlight=RoadsideImports

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...phant-in-the-balisong-room?highlight=elephant

I chimed in because - it's simply not how it works around here to just sign up yesterday, come here and make a bunch of accusations, and then no details whatsoever. Regardless of parties involved. No more, no less. You should not post without some facts of the situation. Forget who this auto guy is right now, what if it is you tomorrow? I think you would expect the same.

It would never be me tomorrow because I do not conduct myself in such a way as the owner of roadside imports. 5 minutes of research will reveal a plethora of information on him. OP may be new, but he is not making incorrect claims.

However I will agree, he should be providing the evidence, not others for him.

How do you know the OP is not making incorrect claims? What claims is he making? Do you have specific details we do not know about his issue? Do you know the OP? What happened in this situation? Have you had numerous deals with the auto guy? Tell us what went down here.
Point is auto guy may be a total tool, but what happened here? I am in no way defending auto dude. No way. Let's hear it from the OP and we will know. Then we can decide how bad this situation is. But right now, what situation?
This is not about auto guy, it's about facts specifically here and forum etiquette.

He still has this on his exiled cutlery site:
Mission Statement:

To Actively Wage War Against Benchmade Knife Company.
To Seek Vengeance Against Tyranny & Defend Victims Of Frivolous Lawsuits & Retaliate With Vengeful Spiteful Wrath.
To Vindictively Expose Knife Patents That Are Flawed & Purposely Vague That Extort The Competition By Litigation.
To Attack All Cutlery Companies That Act Maliciously & Unethically To The Competition.
To Make The Public Aware That Les De Asis's Company Manipulates Other Businesses With Non-Disclosure Agreements. This Practice Is Now Exposed To The Public. Remember To Never Give Up Your Personal Rights & Freedoms To Anyone.
To Produce Cutlery With Quality Hardware & To Provide Access To Parts For Self Repair.
And On The Seventh Day We Rested Because We Kicked The Competition's Ass !!!

As I recall, he also had rants on his website (don't know if they're still there) about people who like balisongs at the same time that he was producing and selling balisongs, including the BM42 clone that I see he's still selling. He's got quite a history.

i believe it's as simple as he's mad at what happened and getting internet review like revenge, on the roadside guy. he's likely hitting every site he can find where he can get his "revenge", but i could be wrong.

i see this all the time nowadays with folks using the internet to get even or feel they do.

in fairness he might have gotten a bad knife and the roadside guy has the no returns or warranty on cheap stuff, but he uses the curse word instead of stuff. i'd never buy a chinese or ultra cheap type knife auto from him as i know he won't warranty it or exchange it if it's bad. he says it on his site so it's a high risk and not worth it to me.

Yeah, sorry to say, research might have saved you some wasted money. He's been sued by Benchmade, has made inaccurate slanderous claims against them, stolen their IP (while flaunting it), and has a terrible reputation for customer service. The problem is Jonathan Benson has several different websites/"companies" that he sells from so it's hard to keep track of his poor reviews.

A BBB complaint might be a good idea, if it won't get you in trouble (because maybe you illegally purchased contraband).

Just to confirm, this guy still sucks :( Needed some replacement Mikov springs and switchbladekits.com was the only place I could find them in the US.

12/27/16 order placed
12/29/16 received notice that my order shipped (tracking said "shipping label created, USPS awaiting item")
1/2/17 tracking still says "shipping label created, USPS awaiting item"

So apparently it takes two days to pack a couple springs and at least another four to actually get to the Post office.

What a clown...I probably could have gotten them direct from Mikov in Czechoslovakia faster.

~Chip

If you pay with PayPal and the seller uses its utility to create a shipping label, PayPal generates the "order shipped" lie. Days may pass before the item is actually shipped. eBay does the same. The integrity of Slime Mold.

(My apologies to all members of Myxogastria, Dictyosteliida or protosteloids for comparing them to PayPal or eBay.)

Back