• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad: ArtisticCutleryQuest - Resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, here we go again!!!
Can't people just be 100% honest?

99%, 98%, 92% does NOT cut it, integrity and credibility require the full 100%

I have got to believe that Mike has no clue that this guy who purports to be in tight with LE is referring to each time the cuffs get double-locked!!!

My guess is that this Artist is soon to be an "ex-buddy" of Mike, et al

Last edited:
FYI, he uses 2 different e-mail addresses:
dmidental@yahoo.com
planetearthstylee@yahoo.com

Actually, four e-mail addresses:
Artisticcutleryquest@yahoo.com
Janos43132@yahoo.com

If you search for janos43132 on google, you find a myspace page for a dude from palm harbor, fl (same burb as kenny) but who's not kenny. Either he stole the guy's e-mail, or janos is an associate of kenny, probably the dude i spoke to on the 1-800 #.

yes, i'm "paranoid" about my identity online, especially because of criminals like kenny trying to bully me into giving my CC number to them.

If you want to know about me, just fire me off an e-mail. Cheers guys. It sucked being a guinea pig for this dude, but if i can help others from being scammed, that's enough for my troubles.

When he finally sent me a paypal invoice with a price that included (actually more than covered) the price plus paypal fee, he still asked that I send it as a "gift" to offset costs, saying that people were knocking down his door offering more money under his terms.

I guess not being verified (although still 100% confirmed) gave him a way to weasel out of the deal and try to get more money. Again he asked to either give him my CC info directly, or send a copy of my DL, which I don't feel I have to do.

redflags1.jpg

For someone claiming to be so worried about protecting his butt, ACQ seems perfectly OK with the buyer not protecting his. Never mind the PP fee extortion (against PayPal's terms of agreement), asking for payment using the Gift option (also against the TOA) forfeits the buyer all protection against fraud.

Giving your CC# and personal info to someone who isn't an established business (ie: has traceable accounts with banks and CC companies, a business license, LLC, etc) is a bad, dumb idea. Giving your CC# and personal info to a convicted felon is just plain idiotic.

Actually, four e-mail addresses:
Artisticcutleryquest@yahoo.com
Janos43132@yahoo.com

If you search for janos43132 on google, you find a myspace page for a dude from palm harbor, fl (same burb as kenny) but who's not kenny. Either he stole the guy's e-mail, or janos is an associate of kenny, probably the dude i spoke to on the 1-800 #.

yes, i'm "paranoid" about my identity online, especially because of criminals like kenny trying to bully me into giving my CC number to them.

If you want to know about me, just fire me off an e-mail. Cheers guys. It sucked being a guinea pig for this dude, but if i can help others from being scammed, that's enough for my troubles.

Nowadays, with internet anonymity relatively easy to pull off and thieves like the one in question everywhere, it is in one's best interest to be paranoid.

Weird- ArtisticCutleryQuest isn't all there. He's not very sharp.

I'll type slowly. Dude don't PM me. There's a chance I'd read it. Like what did you say- I'm not a scam?

:D

Hey and I get another infraction due to this kid. So I post in his sales thread, twice. If the mods aren't going to stop this kid I'm going to make sure as many people know about what the hell is going on. Keeping ACQ here so Mike can make more $ is a crime IMO. Mike has his own website and the kid can buy all the knives he wants from there. Unless Mike is sending money to Spark, I don't see WHY ACQ is still here. Yes I am being redundant.

MONEY talks, I know.. Maybe if I spend enough money on a maker here, I can act however I wish and still be a member. PROTECT ME MAKERS!

Booo. I hope I don't get infracted again and banned because I'm "breaking the rules" trying to keep a con on the move..

Hey and I get another infraction due to this kid. So I post in his sales thread, twice. If the mods aren't going to stop this kid I'm going to make sure as many people know about what the hell is going on. Keeping ACQ here so Mike can make more $ is a crime IMO. Mike has his own website and the kid can buy all the knives he wants from there. Unless Mike is sending money to Spark, I don't see WHY ACQ is still here. Yes I am being redundant.

MONEY talks, I know.. Maybe if I spend enough money on a maker here, I can act however I wish and still be a member. PROTECT ME MAKERS!

Booo. I hope I don't get infracted again and banned because I'm "breaking the rules" trying to keep a con on the move..

Take a breath. The wheels turn slow but they do turn.

sloth, you received an infraction because you were kibitzing within a sales thread, which is a no-no. Even saying something like "nice knife" isn't allowed. The infraction was issued after a warning was given and you persisted.

GB&U is where you discuss the things you want to discuss, which is where you are now. You won't get the same infraction here, unless it turns into trolling (and I don't think you're trolling). And FWIW, I think Mike is doing just fine without this "willow tree's" help (a willow tree being very shady).

planterz, yes I know text in a sales thread is a no-no.. But when its someone like ACQ, I don't consider that a normal member that deserves respect and making noise to let other members (and as many as possible) know to watch out.. I'll break that rule of posting in sales thread to help others out. But if I get banned and this kid remains.. that says a lot about what is important here.. RULES ABOVE HONESTY! I'll quit though. Worry about myself. It won't be me buying from this guy. Glad you guys were able see whats up though.

I'll break that rule of posting in sales thread to help others out. But if I get banned and this kid remains.. that says a lot about what is important here.. RULES ABOVE HONESTY!

If you do get banned for blatantly breaking rules you are aware of, it will be a direct result of your actions. It does not have anything to do with ACQ and does not reflect on Bladeforums integrity at all. Lets bring this into proper perspective.

I support the integrity of the exchange and this site and I encourage to provide a shred of evidence that I have been convicted of ANY crime. You will find the disposition of that case and find I am not a con. I am a law abiding citizen, family man, and they gave me my rights to concealed carry back IMMEDIATELY. And I would be careful making defamatory accusations about ANYONE that affect their business affairs, especially ones that are all BS and gossip you are repeating...

I'm going to butt out but once again I respect this thread and the watchdog mentality that makes the exchange what it is. I am transparent, I have placed this thread in my signature as a testament to my dedication to the integrity of blade forums exchange, if any of the accusations are true I say let there be proof and not allegation...this is pretty weak and feeble I'm here because I want to contribute positively to a community I believe in and love :D

I hope everyone has a fantastic week.

Love and Respect.

planterz, yes I know text in a sales thread is a no-no.. But when its someone like ACQ, I don't consider that a normal member that deserves respect and making noise to let other members (and as many as possible) know to watch out.. I'll break that rule of posting in sales thread to help others out. But if I get banned and this kid remains.. that says a lot about what is important here.. RULES ABOVE HONESTY!

Truth or not, you can't simply shout out your opinion in the middle of a trial, or you'll be fined/arrested for contempt of court. There's a time and place for that sort of thing. This is the place for this sort of thing. A sales thread isn't. I'm not a mod laying down the law to you, just a fellow giving advice. Unless you've gotten infracted elsewhere that I'm unaware of, you've only taken 10 out of 50, and those expire.

The mods and I are discussing this in the back end right now. We'll make a decision after we've reached a consensus.

Also, don't be a dumbass and think that just because someone is / isn't / may be a bad person, that gives you the right to disobey the forum rules. We will still ban people for messing with paying member's for sale threads. Similarly, thank you for raising these issues, and we're checking it out, so show some patience.

planterz, yes I know text in a sales thread is a no-no.. But when its someone like ACQ, I don't consider that a normal member that deserves respect and making noise to let other members (and as many as possible) know to watch out.. I'll break that rule of posting in sales thread to help others out. But if I get banned and this kid remains.. that says a lot about what is important here.. RULES ABOVE HONESTY! I'll quit though. Worry about myself. It won't be me buying from this guy. Glad you guys were able see whats up though.

Then quit bitchin' about getting an infraction that you fully knew you were setting yourself up for. Even the guy that your bitching about is showing more backbone than you are with your incessant whining.

Guess what...this whole thing is not about you and we didn't need you to get on your high horse before the matter was being looked into by several folks on the moderating staff.

And it will continue to be done whether or not you do end up getting banned. So quit pushing our buttons and let us do our jobs. If you can't do that, then just be prepared and man up when you deal with the consequences. I'm really getting tired of wasting time trying to console you every couple of hours.

Thanks, Spark. I guess we were posting at the same time. :thumbup:

I support the integrity of the exchange and this site and I encourage to provide a shred of evidence that I have been convicted of ANY crime. You will find the disposition of that case and find I am not a con. I am a law abiding citizen, family man, and they gave me my rights to concealed carry back IMMEDIATELY. And I would be careful making defamatory accusations about ANYONE that affect their business affairs, especially ones that are all BS and gossip you are repeating...

Honest people do not ask for other people's credit card information outside of a secure payment site. Scam artists do that. Even the banks that issue your card won't ask for that information over the phone or in e-mail; why were you?

SlicePie - would you care to address the issues highlighted by weinerd? You attempted to overcharge him in your PP invoice. Then you asked him to pay with the Gift option, which would strip him of any PP protection in the case of fraud (and inflate your account). Then to top it off, you ask for his ID and credit card info. Why? Are you a business? Do you have a license to conduct business? How would you run his number? Do you have a merchant ID? A verifiable bank account tied to your business, if it exists? In short, why the #$^% would you ask for his ID and CC info?

Or were you trying to worm your way out of your deal with weinerd because someone offered you more money, like you claimed people were?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back