• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

i mean... it was the home to /r/jailbait /r/fatpepeoplehate so yea, depending on the sub it's scary has hell. but yea the knife subs are very civil. s4mpson s4mpson is the second biggest asshole on the raffle sub. no hate here, he knows i mean it with love
I'm learning its a different culture, for sure.

also, the package was delivered, but i didn't get home til really late last night, so i didn't pick it up from my front desk. i'll update when i get home. let's see if i got a rock or a knife
I expect you will get a knife, but fear you are being used to create the benefit of doubt as to him being a scammer or not. He may do some good transactions and pay some back then go right back to work. Hard to scam when everyone thinks you are a scammer. To me the PT sale shows he isn't a victim and we have all misjudged him.
He has a long long way to go to convince me, but this is just my opinion-others can and will decide for themselves

Oh the days when reddit was worse yet Id seen worse places... Yep the internet is just a scary place.

lol nice. this is my safe space now. you cant cuss me out here
"Hello, yes, NYPD? Yes I would like to report someone in possession of one those evil .. 'gravity knives'.. its at least 5" long and has brass knuckles with spikes attached to it for a handle. I also think the owner may not have blue eyes and blonde hair"

I expect you will get a knife, but fear you are being used to create the benefit of doubt as to him being a scammer or not. He may do some good transactions and pay some back then go right back to work. Hard to scam when everyone thinks you are a scammer. To me the PT sale shows he isn't a victim and we have all misjudged him.
He has a long long way to go to convince me, but this is just my opinion-others can and will decide for themselves

I did get my knife. I stopped posting my disclaimer cus ppl ignored it anyway. But I'll say it again, I am here an update, an event, facts. No opinion, no sides. So you are free to believe what you want, it doesn't affect me. I'm also curious though, who still hasn't gotten their money back?

I did get my knife. I stopped posting my disclaimer cus ppl ignored it anyway. But I'll say it again, I am here an update, an event, facts. No opinion, no sides. So you are free to believe what you want, it doesn't affect me. I'm also curious though, who still hasn't gotten their money back?
I realize you are just reporting what is happening in your case, and glad it worked out for you

Well we know Jake_Lucas hasn't received the money from his PT that Balls sold to Aaron-so there's one

You stated in one of your posts he owed you for two charges. This knife was for one correct? Doesn’t he still owes you for the other charge?

TLDR: where I live, if you have stolen property, and did not know it’s stolen, it is still taken from you and you get nothing back. You essentially lose the item, and whatever amount you paid for it.

Not taking any sides here, but wanted to add a bit about stolen property in my area. In the part of Canada I live in, stolen property is stolen property regardless of how it came into your possession. If you can show that you had no knowledge of it being stolen, you won’t be charged. You will however still lose the property. Lots of people in my area have dirt bikes, quads, and snowmobiles. Very few people ever bother to plate or register these and most don’t have a clue what their vin numbers are even. This means only a tiny tiny percentage of these machines are ever sold with anything resembling a title. Partly because people don’t care, and partly because there is no way to even register some of these machines up here that are race only. I have sold several myself where a guy shows up, hands you cash, loads the bike and leaves. Zero paper trail. I am giving this example because it is similar to the issue here. It’s an item that is difficult to trace because of lack of serial number documentation. Your Strider looks like every other strider out there, and my Kawasaki looks like every other Kawasaki out there.

Getting to my point, I know of several people who bought machines in the exact same fashion as the rest of us, and later found they were stolen. The police took the machine, the seller, if known got charged, and the buyer lost out. The court may order the seller to pay back the buyer, but if they have no money or nothing to confiscate, the buyer just loses their money and the item. I personally know a guy who bought a bike for $5000, and upon finding out it was stolen lost the bike and the money. The seller had nothing of value for police to confiscate and auction, so there was nowhere for the money to come from. Seller was also on welfare with no income to divert to pay the guy back.

Very much the same in Indiana. Police take the stolen item. Buyer out the item, the money, and possibly charged if they knew of its stolen origin.

You stated in one of your posts he owed you for two charges. This knife was for one correct? Doesn’t he still owes you for the other charge?

One came back on PayPal without a problem, second one I "lost the dispute" so I reached out

TLDR: where I live, if you have stolen property, and did not know it’s stolen, it is still taken from you and you get nothing back. You essentially lose the item, and whatever amount you paid for it.

Very much the same in Indiana. Police take the stolen item. Buyer out the item, the money, and possibly charged if they knew of its stolen origin.

We don't know that my knife is stolen, and I am offering to return it to the owner if it is in fact stolen. I think I'm in a position to not get charged based on my knowledge and course of action

One came back on PayPal without a problem, second one I "lost the dispute" so I reached out
I think it would be helpful to know more details about the one that came back without a problem. When was the transaction? Did you have to contact him or did he let you know about the situation and that there would be a chargeback? How long did it take for the money to be returned to you?

We don't know that my knife is stolen, and I am offering to return it to the owner if it is in fact stolen. I think I'm in a position to not get charged based on my knowledge and course of action

I never mentioned you or directed that comment at you. I also stated that the buyer of a stolen item was not charged if they didn’t know it was stolen. What I said was IF an item was determined to be stolen, police seize it or return it to the rightful owner, and the buyer, who may have done nothing wrong at all, is out both the item and whatever money he spent to purchase the item from the seller who stole it. This can also be a multi person chain where the one person buys from someone who bought it from the seller who stole it. In that case, sometimes the end buyer gets paid back by the middle man, but the middle man ends up with no item and no cash.

I wasn’t saying your your knife IS stolen. I was getting at the point that if he sells off say 20 stolen knives, which were proved stolen, those knives could be seized and either destroyed or sent back to their original owners. If that happened, 20 people with stolen knives get their knives back, but now a different 20 people are out their money on the same knives. His original 20 victims are made whole while creating 20 more victims. If he sells the knives and they are seized but not returned to the original owners, we would then have 40 victims. My basic point was that if he sells off stolen property in an attempt to pay back some of the people he stole from, we still have a bunch of potentially stolen property floating around.

That takes the fear to a sad new level. Fortunately, I do have intimate knowledge of my original knife (or at least plenty of pics with its twin since my buddy and I got two from Josh at the same time)

Edit: although I am not expecting anything from you or anyone, please don’t misunderstand.
Have you got instagram Jake? Heath just wrote to me...

Good morning, Aaron. I've been busy with the new store after relocating and have been active on other sites as I'm sure you've already heard or been notified of, but am not on here much, nor have I ever really been honestly. So I rarely check these messages in time. I wanted to update you on the situation, as I don't have access to Bladeforums anymore after the banning, etc.
And so I don't have a way to reach Jake, nor to send money to him. I'm not sure if I can pay all at once right now. But I
can certainly pay half of the disputed amount, at least for the time being. And I'm hoping within 2-3 days, I will be able to repay him the remainder leftover. If there anyway you could reach out to him for me, if you're still in contact with him, so that I could send the funds to him. And if the answer to that is a yes, please ask him how he would like to receive the payments. Thanks,
- Heath.

Whether this will happen or not mate I don't know, his user name is heathhelton90, I've been asking him to pay you..

You're forgetting the best part (for the cops that is).. now the stolen item is held as evidence while the thief goes through trial. No matter the outcome, it's up to the original party who took the loss to check back in with the police about getting their property back for the 1-2 years a court case can take. if they don't do that, the police get to keep it after a period of time. If the original victim of the theft moves, oh well, it's the police depts knife now if they can't contact you. The original victim gets fed up worrying about it, whatever..same thing. They don't just bring it to your door with a smile. They either keep it for themselves or auction it off. Meantime the slob thief is paying too, fines, court costs, etc along with any jail time, so my point is the only ones winning in a thing like this is the police department who get paid from both ends. Same as a domestic. She hits him, he pushes her, cops get called= both go to jail, both pay a nice chunk of change for bail, fines, costs, etc. I was a victim of theft before and found all this out after i went back three years later to find my stuff (the evidence) had been sold at auction, the cops kept the money, and there was zero i could do about it. same as bail. You can be completely innocent, get charged, bail out, get found innocent in court and whoops, the court gets to keep 10% of your bail anyway for "fines and costs" although you didnt do a thing- and thats totally "legal". So basically in this situation, Original owner out the knife if he doesnt follow through, Heath out the knife, fines, and years of his life in jail, second buy of stolen knife out the knife and money paid for it..cops? +1 knife, + heaths fines, + money taken from heath for illegal sale as evidence ; )

Last edited:
For everyone I have paid, when I go to my PayPal history, I can see their name and email address in the transaction details. Doesn’t Heath already have the contact info for everyone he owes?

You are exactly correct. He has all the info he needs to make it right. As I stated prior he absolutely could have avoided chargebacks on everyone involved. Hacked or not. He does just enough to prey on people's inherent feelings of wanting to be trusting, to give them hope and plant a seed that maybe he is really the victim____instead of his victims he plays like a fiddle. He will make something right here or there to keep his game going. I have to give him some credit, heath is pretty good at the con game. There is a reason why his guy moved too. Wake up people.

Never met him, likely never will.

What am I convinced of? Please elaborate, you seem to have it all figured out.
It was an honest question, it's imagining putting yourself in someone else's shoes; it helps you gain perspective.

"People have been paid back. I don't pry for further details..."

"Oh, no, I have a firm grasp. "

"I don't believe anything, ever. "

The above are all your words, used in various posts all related to Mr. Helton and his activities. Do you see the inherent contradiction ? The first two comments are directly contradicted by the third. You are; at best, being disingenuous.

You should stop while you're behind, stop using the term "passive-aggressive" as you obviously don't know the meaning of it and you should stop playing the role of the casual, disinterested observer. You chose to post here, nobody forced you to.

Back