• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

Hey, were can I donate to the Heath Helton go fund me page? Reddit? Maybe I should join Reddit and the Heath Helton fan club. I really feel bad for old Heath Helton, because Heath Helton is such a victim. I'll be happy to donate money for the Heath Helton legal team. Poor old Heath Helton doesn't have enough stolen knives and needs more. Step right up to the Heath Helton raffle on reddit!!!! So sad. Heath Helton - Hall of Shame.

I see. Thanks for letting me know, I'll be going back through the posts to find that. And I'll definitely be asking Heath about it.
Make sure he doesn't come back with some response like "Well I shouldn't have to put my entire hobby on hold just to make people whole". This was thousands of dollars, he absolutely is ethically obligated to. No integrity if he doesnt.

Also, I you notice, I didn't get a charge back on the two transactions before the incident. I thought all of his transactions were flagged...
Yours seem to be the most recent transactions to happen before the incident, maybe PP only disputed during a certain time period.

No dog in this fight but I believe this was not a scam, just that Heath Helton handled it extremely poorly (that's putting it lightly), and the impatience/anger of affected folks did not help. It does not excuse his lack of communication, nor does it excuse the fact that he's continued to make personal purchases while there's still people that need to be made whole. As a seller with supposed integrity Heath needs to maintain that by focusing on his wronged customers and not luxuries for himself or his family.

Make sure he doesn't come back with some response like "Well I shouldn't have to put my entire hobby on hold just to make people whole". This was thousands of dollars, he absolutely is ethically obligated to. No integrity if he doesnt.
He won't be back. Bhyde and Boru13 are on top of this situation. Btw, thank you to both of you, @bhyde and @Boru13. You fellows don't receive nearly enough recognition for all that you do.

Mark astutely highlighted the most important bit of information, his transactions didn’t get charged back.

Last edited:
Yours seem to be the most recent transactions to happen before the incident, maybe PP only disputed during a certain time period.

No dog in this fight but I believe this was not a scam, just that Heath Helton handled it extremely poorly (that's putting it lightly), and the impatience/anger of affected folks did not help. It does not excuse his lack of communication, nor does it excuse the fact that he's continued to make personal purchases while there's still people that need to be made whole. As a seller with supposed integrity Heath needs to maintain that by focusing on his wronged customers and not luxuries for himself or his family.
I can only go by the information that is being provided by those who say they are in communication with him and know the story.... but it was stated he only contested one transaction with PP and then PP took it upon themselves to chargeback everything for a year. While there would be a cutoff date for transactions that occured longer than a year prior, all transactions that were done up to the point the mass chargeback of transactions occurred would be inclusive of the event.

Last edited:
My weekly update:

Firstly since there are at least two Jakes in here, I wanted to clarify I’m the PT Jake (which turned out null) from PA, better known as KnifeNuts Jake. I’ll add a sig.

Speaking of PT’s, thanks to Mark Boyles Mark Boyles screenshots I think I’ve at least seen a grainy photo of my old MSC PT today. Sold November, disputed December 18, and closed January 30 with a $20 “chargeback fee” added to lost funds :lol:

I’ve been hearing from Heath about once a week for the past few weeks via IG, most recently on February 25 he said we had better than a 50/50 chance of getting settled up financially. I’ll be checking in with him again today since it’s been a week.

If upon entering or leaving your house, you inadvertently step into a big pile of dog shit, a person has to scramble for sticks, grass, or some trash object to clean those shoes.
This is the same situation for those people who got involved with our friend Heath Helton, in a negative way.

My weekly update:

Firstly since there are at least two Jakes in here, I wanted to clarify I’m the PT Jake (which turned out null) from PA, better known as KnifeNuts Jake. I’ll add a sig.

Speaking of PT’s, thanks to Mark Boyles Mark Boyles screenshots I think I’ve at least seen a grainy photo of my old MSC PT today. Sold November, disputed December 18, and closed January 30 with a $20 “chargeback fee” added to lost funds :lol:

I’ve been hearing from Heath about once a week for the past few weeks via IG, most recently on February 25 he said we had better than a 50/50 chance of getting settled up financially. I’ll be checking in with him again today since it’s been a week.
Oooooh! A 50/50 chance! Sounds reasonable.:rolleyes:

Victims of Heath Helton scams, may want to consider contacting the Texas Rangers. This type of fraud may very well fit under one of their jurisdictional catagories. If enough people give the Rangers a link to this thread, along with a registered complaint, it may just move up a bit on their priority list. This type of action is much more sensible than personal threats over the phone, and Heath’s team of lawyers would surely welcome the challange of dealing with such an elite law enforcement agency.
https://www.dps.texas.gov/TexasRangers/rangerresponsibilities.htm
If it turns out that Heath is innocent, then the Rangers may just go up against the corrupt banking institution that confiscated Heath’s money. This could be a win win for everyone involved, and also bring resolution to this thread.

It will depend on WHEN the events occurred and WHEN Heath Helton moved to Texas.

Anything that happened BEFORE Heath Helton moved to Texas would not fall under the jurisdiction of any Texas based law enforcement organization.

It will depend on WHEN the events occurred and WHEN Heath Helton moved to Texas.

Anything that happened BEFORE Heath Helton moved to Texas would not fall under the jurisdiction of any Texas based law enforcement organization.
But it would fall under "Cybercrime" jurisdiction. Which is quite a large jurisdiction if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, it would BUT law enforcement jurisdiction is based on the location of the perpetrator, Heath Helton, at the time he conducted his nefarious actions. Unless he performed the majority of his fraud/deception/theft in Texas, the primary location would take precedence.

If I understand it correctly, he was in Missouri at the time he, Heath Helton, conducted his misconduct. Therefore, jurisdiction would be that of the city police of the city he lived in, or the County Sheriff's office or the Missouri State Police.

The determining factors of WHO would take jurisdiction are varied.
- Was he living in an incorporated city at the time or not.
- The total value of goods stolen
- Missouri state law concerning the investigation and pursuit of cyber-crime.

and probably more factors.

Some states have chosen to declare ALL cyber-crime as coming under the purview of the state police organization, while others leave at the local levels, unless it has the potential to be newsworthy big and then politics rules its ugly head and there is "discussions" about who gets responsibility of investigating.

Then you also have to factor in any Federal crimes (mail fraud, wire fraud, etc). Although it has to be REALLY big before the feds stick their fingers in the pot.

Back