Bark River Trailmate

I've had a Bravo 1 for 6-7 years and it has done everything I've ever needed from a fixed blade knife. I got it used. I've used it for camping, cutting wood, cutting pork and other meats. It's tough and thick. Sharpens easy and looks great. I like the sheath too. The ghost jade handle can get a little slick at times depending on what you're cutting with it. I'd buy another if this one ever fails.
View attachment 1048519
I have thought about getting a bravo 1 a few times, but never have. What are the handle scales made of on yours, is it a polished g10? It looks pretty neat, very unique. My trailmate is very different knife than the bravo 1, more like the gunny maybe?

I have thought about getting a bravo 1 a few times, but never have. What are the handle scales made of on yours, is it a polished g10? It looks pretty neat, very unique. My trailmate is very different knife than the bravo 1, more like the gunny maybe?
I think they're g10. They have a very slight texture to them so I don't think the handles are polished. I think BR made a bunch of them...LOL...not limited for sure. I've seen the gunny and the trailmate. The blade is shorter on the trailmate. They're all good knives. I think if you find a good feeling handle and blade combo that does what you need, you've found the one. It'll last as long as you keep it. I've never worn a knife out. Just traded or sold a few out!

Here's a little better pic of the handle...You can almost see the very slight texture....maybe just the pattern of the g10?
IMG_9633.jpg

Back