1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Battle Grade MOAB - This has to happen

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by RobStanley, Sep 30, 2017.

1. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Hey Jerry, if you make a batch of these, we will stop bugging you about them! ;):D
    If you want to make them a little different from the original MOAB, a 15" fat blade sounds good too. :eek:

BG MOAB / INFI MOAB / Basic MOAB!

2. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Yeah, I'd love to see a 15-18" blade, FHFG, 0.18-0.20" thick BASIC MOAB in SR-101 or INFI...

gk4ever2 likes this.
  3. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    That sounds pretty tempting, as long as I can get a fat one too (.35-.40"). :)
    I like the HOGB8 @ .35" thick, but a longer one with a MOAB style blade would be AWESOME! :eek::D

4. Robdude

Robdude Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Cmon guys.. it's not the babysitter of all bowies..or the older cousin of all bowies..its the "mother" of all Bowies so its gotta be heavy an thick. Now is she a single mother? Or is there a father we havent seen yet??!!

gk4ever2 and ScoMa like this.
  5. ScoMa

ScoMa

Aug 13, 2017
    If they mated : MOAB & DogFather
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    I'll buy a FOAB with a 15" long, .40" thick MOAB style blade, or especially a .35" thick Basic FOAB! :eek::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    What if we have a new BASIC MOAB that's lean and slender after the birth of their child (AR9.5), while we've got a burly hog of a FOAB?

gk4ever2 likes this.
  8. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    :D:D
    That sounds good to me. I will even give them both a home, so they are not homeless during the cold winters and hot summers - they will have to work though, so I hope they both have a Res C option. ;):D

9. wolverinealpha1

wolverinealpha1

Apr 6, 2010
    I've always been interested to know if RES C plays well with kydex sheaths. I know a lot of knives "snap" into the kydex. Is RES C too grippy? I don't own any yet as I'm waiting for a 6-8 inch blade to be released in INFI

10. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    I've had a B11 from a member here that came with an Okuden kydex sheath and it snaps in really nicely. Just like any other knife. However, I think they made the top of the sheath flare out a little more to make sure the rubbery grip has a little more "ramp".

11. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    MOAB anyone? ;)

12. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    Res C does fine with kydex unless the kydex fit is too tight and then the Res C will wear a little. Regarding being too grippy, I don't feel it is; I think Res C is harder than some of the other rubber used for knife grips. Res C is good stuff!

Speaking of Res C, where is the Basic MOAB? o_O

lmcq784 likes this.
  13. Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    has anyone mentioned that this has to happen?

14. 360joules

360joules Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Would love to see a 0.25”-0.3” INFI Moab. :thumbsup:

15. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    At one point in this thread I suggested offering the new MOAB in 3 different thicknesses (like maybe .2, .3 & .4"), like the ASH1, and I still think sales would be brisk! :eek::)

lmcq784 and 360joules like this.
  16. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    With the new rumblings coming from the Swamp & the Yard, hopefully a MOAB clone will be forthcoming soon! :eek:;)

Psst, hey Dan, we NEED a 14-16" MOAB style blade - call it a MOAB, FOAB, Alpha Dog, or whatever, but it has to have a full flat ground FAT blade styled just like the MOAB. A Res C option is a must-have also. Thanks! :):)

lmcq784 likes this.
  17. ScoMa

ScoMa

Aug 13, 2017
    Mother Of All Rats
    Because we all need MOAR

18. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Anything other than a BG MOAB I'm in the stands on this one!

19. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    I'm all for a BG MOAB, a Basic MOAB, and an INFI MOAB! :)

lmcq784 likes this.
  20. Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    Yep.. gotta have INFI in the offering..