Battle LA and ESEE

But, "Better than Ethan" wouldn't be a joke :D

Ethan would then make a knock-off movie called Ethan Becker: Almost as Good as Jim Frost.

Haha. My friend and I always hang out at each others' houses, and we watch the Knife Show by Cutlery Network, with all the Frost Cutlery crap... We just laugh and laugh and laugh.

Last edited:
I was thinking something like "Brokeback Jungle", but I like your idea more!

Sorry about the triple-post, I haven't figured out how to quote multiple people in one message. But here's my reply for you,
Quack:

"Mike: 'Even though we have both this Junglas, and -6, I was unable to procure any firewood; thus our only chance of surviving is to snuggle for warmth.

Jeff: Did you have to say 'snuggle'?

Mike: What was I supposed to say?

Jeff: I don't know, something a little more heterosexual? If Ethan gets a hold of this, he's gonna run tell everyone we're gay!

Mike: No, its for survival, that will make it more manly. In fact, we'd be straighter for it.

Jeff: You seem pretty cocksure about this.

Mike: Poor choice of words..."

I can't get into these alien ivasion flicks. They can travel thousands of light years across the universe but there no match for a man and his esee. Come on if an alien species decide to exterminate us we wouldn't last a day. Its more belivable that a blind man could kill a room full of armed bad guys.

*SKYLINE SPOILER*

I can't get into these alien ivasion flicks. They can travel thousands of light years across the universe but there no match for a man and his esee. Come on if an alien species decide to exterminate us we wouldn't last a day. Its more belivable that a blind man could kill a room full of armed bad guys.

What you say in your quote is basically what happens in Skyline. The humans realize that no matter what force they use against the aliens they are no match. The ending sucks! IMHO

I'm really looking forward to this one too and hope it's better than Skyline. While I enjoyed that one for what it was, cool effects and all, the ending just totally killed the whole movie.
There's far-fetched sci-fi alien invasion action and then there's stretching it. Reminded me of how they messed up Ang Lee's version of Hulk with Nick Nolte turning into an energy source or whatever the hell that was.

I saw a preview of a new TV series that starting in June. IIRC the plot is based around after an alien invasion but I can't remember the name of the series or what network but it looks interesting though.

Sorry about the triple-post, I haven't figured out how to quote multiple people in one message. But here's my reply for you,
Quack:

"Mike: 'Even though we have both this Junglas, and -6, I was unable to procure any firewood; thus our only chance of surviving is to snuggle for warmth.

Jeff: Did you have to say 'snuggle'?

Mike: What was I supposed to say?

Jeff: I don't know, something a little more heterosexual? If Ethan gets a hold of this, he's gonna run tell everyone we're gay!

Mike: No, its for survival, that will make it more manly. In fact, we'd be straighter for it.

Jeff: You seem pretty cocksure about this.

Mike: Poor choice of words..."

Sounds like my birthday last year, minus the angry russians with guns...

Back on topic. The movie looks like it might be good, I'll probably see it.

Didn't you hear, the Junglas is going to be in the new Nutnfancy movie... Wait, that already happened :p

-Connor

It looks OK...from the two minute clips it seems to be an Independence Day/Terminator/Aliens type thing. Done before, but still fun to watch.

You know, it is cool that they are using our knives in some of these movies but some of the far out shit they are making movies on just ain't right. I would hope that someday our knives could appear in a more "down the Earth" movie. True, "The Hunted" movie had a whole lot of bullshit in it but the Tracker knife was well portrayed as least being believeable. Alien autopsies though? Come on :D

This kind of movie is just for entertainment. The focus of the movie is action, not character development, not plot twists, not science fiction imagination.
I'd rather see more science and less action. There are so many other ways to "terminate" humanity than through military attack.
They could use disease, posion, simulated natural disasters, alter our magnetic field. The list could go on and on. So, why are the aliens always killing us one on one? Cause it's action I suppose.
I agree with Jeff on this one, Hollywood BS.

Obviously that type of movie is what the populace, as a whole, wants. All I can say is it's a sad state of affairs when our populace is more interested in zoning out for 2 hours over totall bullshit than actually doing something productive and entertaining at the same time. If nothing else go find a crazy woman and entertain yourself for 3 minutes. At least you'd be getting some exercise. With that said, I will be at the theater on opening day. I plan on getting a box of Milk Duds, large buttered popcorn and a coke...and prepare myself to be amazed by aliens :D

Back