BCCI Sambar stag 110?.

Raj

Hi,the month of March is coming to its end.I had thought that the special Sambar stag handled 110 was going to be sent out this month.Does anyone have any info on this.Any input from Joe Houser or Larry Oden will be appreciated.

Raj,

Larry posted here several days ago that the knives were scheduled to be done by the end of March. They still have to be shipped to him and then distributed to the BCCI members that purchased them. I would imagine that will take a couple of more weeks. Maybe Larry will chime in with an update.

Tom

the Buck special projects leader tells me they will start shipping to me 3/31. That means I will probably start shipping them about 4/10. It will take a while to get them all boxed and addressed and I will be constrained by how quickly they come in. I will not get all of them at once and even if they start shipping on 3/31, it will take almost a week for the box to arrive here.

Larry,thank you very much for the update.Looking forward to this special 110.Thank you very much for all your effort in shipping it off to the members :thumbup: .

I sent in a check for the knife sort of late. I didn't get a response or my check returned. My question is: is it safe to assume I will be getting one of the knives? :p

Thanks,
Peter

Peter,

Yes, it is safe to assume that you will be receiving your 110 drop point. Even though we are sold out, it's because some members requested more than one knife. All single orders will be filled first.

John

...and of course no thread on the BCCI 110 drop-point would be complete without at least a peek at the prototypes... :D

Edit: Added on 04/14/06...This prototype has a blade which resembles the BCCI knife blade, but is not identical... :(

Remember gang, the Official Rumor is that the BCCI will offer a companion 112 to this great knife... :cool:

But you won't be able to order the Sambar 112 if you don't join... :(

(Application forms are available at the top of the Forum...Operators are standing by!) ;)

Chickentrax,thanks for the pictures.Hope the rumour about the 112 becomes a fact.

Sounds good. I'm anxious to have a Stag 110. On another topic, I recently picked up a pearl 532 from EBAY. Absolutely beautiful pearl. Very happy with the purchase.

How does that pearl do under use? Have wondered about pearl and turquoise being brittle and chipping.

Pearl is fragile compared to other handle materials. If the knife were dropped on a hard surface, there is a strong possibility that it would chip or crack.

If you look at old knives with pearl scales, it is very rare to see one in perfect condition without chips or cracks.

The look of pearl is spectacular but cracks or chips are a definite concern. I've noticed a lot of custom makers use it on interframes where it is more of an inlay and would fare much better under use.

Some of the BCCI 110s with stag, drop point s30v steel, fingergrooves, etc. just arrived. I have opened up one of them and it is fantastic. As I have answered to numerous inquiries, I plan to prepare and address the packages over the next week to 10 days. Approximately 180 packages cannot be done by one person overnight, but I will do my best. These knives are well worth the short wait it took to have them made!! I have many, many 110s and this one is probably my favorite. I love the drop point blade sans nail nick and the stag on the only one I looked at is awesome.

Larry Oden said:
Some of the BCCI 110s with stag, drop point s30v steel, fingergrooves, etc. just arrived. I have opened up one of them and it is fantastic. As I have answered to numerous inquiries, I plan to prepare and address the packages over the next week to 10 days. Approximately 180 packages cannot be done by one person overnight, but I will do my best. These knives are well worth the short wait it took to have them made!! I have many, many 110s and this one is probably my favorite. I love the drop point blade sans nail nick and the stag on the only one I looked at is awesome.
This is great news Larry. Thanks for the update. :) ;)
Mike

Larry, Thank You, for all that you do for us and the club:thumbup:. I can hardly wait to get mine:D. Preston

As Preston and Mike said ..."Thanks Larry"...You do so much for the Club and this forum that a mere "Thank you" seems so transparent. There are a few people that are in the forum, and in the Club as well, that can never be replaced and whose willingness to help us all out without a moment's hesitation is something that has been shown to us time and time again. I don't have to tell anyone here that you are one of those people Larry. Thank you.

Larry Oden said:

Oh Larry!!!

"Now I feel like an expectant father in the delivery room" I'll be pacing back and forth by the mail box until my new baby arrives!!!....LOL... As everyone has already stated. "THANK YOU" for all you do for us Larry.

jb4570

I just got my BCCI knife from Larry. He's right this is an outstanding knife. Out of my 150 plus 110's this one is my favorite. But, I say that every time I get a new 110.

Without Larry, John and the rest of the club board members projects like this wouldn't get made. Remember to thank them when you see them at the Blade show in June.

Brian

Back