Becker BK1 Brute pass around

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAL'ER

Basic Member
So, I bought this thing a couple/few months back off the bay and while I was happy to get a BlackJack/ Effingham Brute, it was well used and did not have a good working edge on it. I debated just selling it outright to recoup my monies but then also thought I could have it professionally sharpened and have the edge thinned out just a bit. I showed it to Bill Siegle at this last BeckerWest and asked him what he thought he would do to make it a good chopper, he said "sharpening it would be a good start", ouch. well anyways he took it home and did what he did and now I can shave my arm with it. I had told Clich I'd let him play with it for awhile bcause of his sending us the RBK for our gathering, and then I thought I'd do a small pass around with some carefully selected people, (I want this thing back).
So here we go, I'm thinking 7 to 10 days per person and I'm sending it to Clich on tuesday. I'd like to see it get sent from BeckerHead to BeeckerHead with $250 of insurance and a fairly fast shipping service, you're choice of which one.

I'm thinking of 6 spots total and There are 4 spoken for already, with an invite out to MWTIC. If he wants in I'll say 7 spots, So that leaves 2 openings.
To be one of the 2 you must be a BeckerHead and Have at least 500 posts in the BeckerKnife & tool section. i'm not excited about shipping it to Canada but I don't really have a good reason why I feel that way.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I don't wanna see any modifications to it other than a sharpening if it needs it, but it's a solid user and I don't have any fear of folks battoning it or chopping with it.
Picture's would be good, and any thought's you have about it's chopping ability. Be honest, No b.s. I promise my feelings won't be hurt If you hate the Brutes guts.

1) Psyop
2) Clich
3) UCPOPO
4) Thrillbilly
5) C Tanner
6) mrn8

If anyone has a change of mind on being on the list just send me a pm.

Well I guess that's it.

Last edited:
Cool thing for you to do Faler. I've wanted one of these since I first saw a picture of one. I'll be looking out for the reviews for sure.

If I get it in time for the gathering I can bring it. Thanks for the chance to try it out :)

If you have space, I'd love to do a Kabar Cutlass vs Brute review. If I get the go-ahead to purchase, I'll have a BK4 or BK9 in there. Otherwise, the BK7 will get the seriously outmatched roll. Really cool of you to pass this one around!

Last edited:
Cool stuff! Don't care what anyone says the Brute chops fine with a good edge. I love mine.If you decide to recoup your money later I'll take first dibs :D

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Boooooooooooooooooooiz!

The Brute vs The Ogre

Live at 11

No-Holds Barred, Root-hog and Die, fight to the finish!

Woot! Woot!

This is going to be great. Wish I had found this in time to try to get in.

I hope someone compares it to a BK4 and 9. If I remember correctly the Brute didn't do too well in the video Moose did. I should watch that one again.

I'll knock down a small tree in the backyard and use this opportunity to to the BK9 vs Woody Wood-Wrecker (Potbelly) vs The Brute chop-off. If it takes more than two weeks to reach me, the BK4 might make it in there too.

If I hadn't been in on the RBK one, I'd like to play with this. Nice of you to do man.

Yeah this is going to be very interesting to see this compared to everyone's other choppers.

I have really been trying to decide lately if the brute is worth it to me to spend $200+ on it. I have a 4 and 9 so i don't need another chopper but I have always drooled over the brute. Going back and forth between looking for them on the Bay to deciding to wait and see if Kabar gets one out in 2013. This pass around is either going to help me a lot or make things much worse. :D

When I got this in my shop, I hit my shop test 4X4 and it was not impressive. A few minutes with the Bader and a file and WOW!!!! Now she'll cut! I didnt change the shapening angle much. Maybe a few degrees but it did make a difference on this one :) Have fun with it folks!

If I hadn't been in on the RBK one, I'd like to play with this. Nice of you to do man.
It's coming to Psyop first and he is going to take it to Ethan's place for any Heads who wanna play with it. I should also say that Bill Siegle did the work on this knife for free and I'm very appreciative of that.
If any of you folks who are on the list are gonna be at Ethan's gathering and want to surrender your spot to someone else who won't be at ethan's just post it here or pm me.

If you have space, I'd love to do a Kabar Cutlass vs Brute review. If I get the go-ahead to purchase, I'll have a BK4 or BK9 in there. Otherwise, the BK7 will get the seriously outmatched roll. Really cool of you to pass this one around!

You're in. That's the last spot unless Nick (MWTIC) wants it too.

Count me all the way in! Beckerhead #201
Not sure if the list is closed, or you just add numbers as you go.

If I make the Gathering I will play with it then, since Psyops gonna be there with it. That way the list clears out a little. If for some reason I can't make the Gathering, I would love to remain on the List. I been itching to get my hands on a Brute!

Thanks for the passaround FAL'er......That's very generous of ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back