Becker BK1 Brute pass around

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to compare this to the BK9. I had hoped to get to the BK4 before my turn, but I had a couple areas of my gear that needed addressed, and I've been buying knives for the last 3-4 paydays. I plan on trying it with and without the Wilson wrap (which isn't sticky or anything). Too bad I didn't have it today when I had a small tree to take down....only to find out I chopped down the wrong one! (whoops). That would have been a worthy Brute moment.

Brute has landed. this is a rare weekend that I have my son so I will either get to a review this week or go all out next weekend. thanks again Oregon

Yeah stud, there's no hurry. I never set a time limit. I'm thinking 3 weeks is too long but most will probably have it two weeks or less. If it gets dull feel free to touch up the edge.

Who's next? I haven't gotten the time for any knife stuff. And I don't wanna hold this up any longer. Next guy send me your addy

ucpopo wants it a little further down the line, so ThrillBilly is up next.

I emailed clich about the status of this blade and am waiting for a response.

he responded back and is gonna get it out shortly to thrill.

4 of you folks had it, 2 haven't. 2 of the 4 who have had it went off the reservation and had it for an extended amount of time without good communication. I'm thinking of stopping this pass around. Right now it's just a thought though.

I won't be upset if you stop it. Right now I have two more real opportunities to use it this summer. The first and third weekend in September I'll be out in places I could really use it.

4 of you folks had it, 2 haven't. 2 of the 4 who have had it went off the reservation and had it for an extended amount of time without good communication. I'm thinking of stopping this pass around. Right now it's just a thought though.

Do it brother call it back!!! Remember what happened to the Moose man?!?!?! It's a great thought but a dangerous one as well. Just my .02.

one of the reasons i'm reluctant lately to run pass-arounds. sometimes things end up in black holes. even if the rules say "you MUST get the knife to the next in in time, and if you can't, don't sign up"... still happens.

which makes me think of ways to encourage timely behaviors. since IMHO pass-around should only include BH people, if you value your number/place, MAYBE you might get penalized ;) mmm? harsh? i dunno. maybe. probably not. since esp on new blades, the pass-around-reviews are critical to be done, *and* done well in a very timely manner... will ponder it with other mod input and chat with Ethan.

in the meantime, back on topic...

one of the reasons i'm reluctant lately to run pass-arounds. sometimes things end up in black holes. even if the rules say "you MUST get the knife to the next in in time, and if you can't, don't sign up"... still happens.

which makes me think of ways to encourage timely behaviors. since IMHO pass-around should only include BH people, if you value your number/place, MAYBE you might get penalized ;) mmm? harsh? i dunno. maybe. probably not. since esp on new blades, the pass-around-reviews are critical to be done, *and* done well in a very timely manner... will ponder it with other mod input and chat with Ethan.

in the meantime, back on topic...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I felt that necessary........

Thanks for the passaround OF! I think you have been without your knife for long enough. Im sure there will be no hard feelings. On the other hand, MRN8 has been great to deal with on other passarounds and with his decals and such. Im sure he would do a nice review and send it on its way.

I would hate to see these passarounds stop. I have only participated in one, but always look forward to reading a users first reactions to a new blade. Especially the Brute. I've been eyeing this blade since I learned about it! Was glad to find ThrillBilly's review on it. But I can appreciate the reasons for not holding them also. I'd be pissed if it was my steel falling into a black hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back