Becker Free Fallin’ Snarkin’

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may take you up on that. Either that or I just bite the bullet and start really refining my mediocre skills.

that's actually not too bad - it wouldn't take me long to clean it up and convex it with a 220 grit belt followed by a scotch brite belt.
or for that matter, you could redo the bevel with a coarse stone, then follow it with medium and fine.

I guess after some time to let it marinate a bit, it isn't super awful, I guess it is more irksome than anything. I still don't feel that my Sharp Maker will fix it though. Pics posted below.

Looks pretty slick, Tanker. I may need to invest in a system like that myself.

I may take you up on that. Either that or I just bite the bullet and start really refining my mediocre skills.

RHjXnT5.jpg

nEFSuhP.jpg

DL3zZsr.jpg
This little system works well for me :D the edge guide is a huge aid in keeping your DOA inline on longer blades :thumbsup: No way will it be as fast as a power sharpening system :D
IMG_5046.JPG IMG_5048.JPG

I guess after some time to let it marinate a bit, it isn't super awful, I guess it is more irksome than anything. I still don't feel that my Sharp Maker will fix it though. Pics posted below.

Looks pretty slick, Tanker. I may need to invest in a system like that myself.

RHjXnT5.jpg

nEFSuhP.jpg

DL3zZsr.jpg
Yeah that's going to take some patienc if your going to use stones. That edge will have to be worked down past the deepest chip. That's a perfect candidate for a convex edge. Or the beginnings to a serrated Bk20:eek:

Last edited:
One drawback to the worksharp sharpener is that you cant always sharpen the blade starting at the sharpening choil. The guide head doesn't allow the blade to reach the belt on some knives.

Freakin' tooth is killin' me.

Nothing worse than a tooth ache. Well, maybe an ear ache.
Never the less, I’m sure most would agree that both suck!

My wife sent this to me earlier; between the dog and two cats this is me every night...
vz5ex8T.jpg

Anybody else experience this on the regs?

yup, and dogs slide off the bed just fine :D

So...

My brother, with the greatest of intentions, did quite a number on my 20.

To his credit, he was teaching my daughter firewood processing techniques. To his discredit, he failed to notice that the wood he was using was full of metal.... My 20 is full of dings and notches and I'm not sure I'm equipped to fix it.

Grrrr....

wow, how did your brother know that you wanted the knife makers version of the WorkSharp tool? he is very generous to buy one for you :)

That’s sucks. Maker’s will help. :thumbsup:
It actually doesn't, I tried it. The alcohol has a cooling effect, that made it hurt worse, haha. Funny thing is, it doesn't hurt at all when I'm moving around, doing something. When I sit still, it starts hurting again. It didn't hurt much at the cabin at first, but when it started raining, and I didn't do as much, it started in again.
Nothing worse than a tooth ache. Well, maybe an ear ache.
Never the less, I’m sure most would agree that both suck!
Toothache for sure, never had an earache in my life. Never had a bloody nose either.

try chewing on a clove -- it's supposed to help numb things.
or go to the local healthmart and buy some toothpicks soaked in clove oil.
My wife was just talking about that last night.

In other news, spent Friday and Saturday in San Antonio at the Texas Beekeepers Association Annual Convention. Sadly, did not see zz there...
Did come home with a 3rd place ribbon for dark amber honey (pretty good for a state-wide honey show). Also entered 2 meads for the first time and both got first in class. One was a melomel (fruit mead), technically a cyser, made with apple cider and honey. The other a metheglin/melomel (spiced and fruit) with rosemary ginger and lime. I also was a mead judge and was recused from scoring in the two categories that I entered.

74838428_10218264893231167_8257316957204774912_n.jpg

74395720_10218264853870183_4012682623464767488_n.jpg

Last edited:
In other news, spent Friday and Saturday in San Antonio at the Texas Beekeepers Association Annual Convention. Sadly, did not see zz there...
Did come home with a 3rd place ribbon for dark amber honey (pretty good for a state-wide honey show). Also entered 2 meads for the first time and both got first in class. One was a melomel (fruit mead), technically a cyser, made with apple cider and honey. The other a metheglin/melomel (spiced and fruit) with rosemary ginger and lime. I also was a mead judge and was recused from scoring in the two categories that I entered.

74838428_10218264893231167_8257316957204774912_n.jpg

74395720_10218264853870183_4012682623464767488_n.jpg
Congrats! I was just saying the other day that I'd like to try my hand at some mead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back