Becker Knife Ideas

Oh yeah!! That would be my go to for chopping. I love a big belly, at least on knives. That would cut deep!
Make it a convex edge for sure.

Cool digital rendition. Of course I had to spend blood, sweat and tears drawing it out by hand...but thats ok.:D
As far as the grind goes.
I was thinking that Kabar didnt need to change its formula to much here...I wouldnt think convex..I know why others like it, but basically, Kabar has tools to make knives a certain way...and last time I checked..they dont make convex grinds..ever.

Besides, there are other places to get a design close to this in convex.
I love the tradition in the blade here, and the modular handle...even though I drew it, it still looks really cool to me.

The BK-BushMoose

bladeforums3.jpg

Nice mockup, I'd buy one!

I would buy it, but I could do without that big chunk missing out of the spine. Otherwise, that would be my next Becker purchase, no questions asked. And a big yes to the tang extension, love that thing.

I would buy it, but I could do without that big chunk missing out of the spine. Otherwise, that would be my next Becker purchase, no questions asked. And a big yes to the tang extension, love that thing.

You know what, I could do without it to...I wasn't thinking aesthetics as much as balance. I was thinking "chop snap" forward weight. BUT, I actually drew it without the missing spine at first..and liked it better.
I would like anything even close to this from Kabar/ Becker

I think you should fire it up! A short 3"-4" slim, nearly straight back blade, slim handle, scandi grind Becker sounds good to me.

I like the looks of the BK Btween myself. I am also not a designer, but what about something with a scandi grind and a roach belly type of blade.:confused:

I have been inspired by that knife a lot, but I was aware of this style well before the movie. Its as much my personal opinion of what makes a useful woods tool, now, versus what I was designing years ago.
When I look at a knife, I see a tool for food prep and wood prep.
This looks like another good design for both of those needs..

You know what else would be cool..a Becker Kukri like object...that would be awesome!

You know what else would be cool..a Becker Kukri like object...that would be awesome!

there have been two of those in the past :)

one of them should make a comeback (machax) someday

Back