Becker "Move Your Butt" Challenge - October 2014

Guyon said:
The idea is simple. Move your body. Get fitter.
It ain't a contest. It's about doing what you can do to get mobile.

Between the dates of October 1 and October 31, the challenge is to earn 50 Becker Points. Points can be earned in the following fashion:

1 mile (1.6 km) on foot = 1 Becker Point
4 miles (6.4 km) road cycling = 1 Becker Point
2 miles (3.2 km) mountain biking = 1 Becker Point
1 mile (1.6 km) swimming = 6 Becker Points

If you just do one thing, you'll need to hoof it 50 miles, or road bike 200 miles, or mountain bike 100 miles, or swim 8.3 miles. But you can combine items to build toward 50 Becker Points in any fashion you choose. Honor system in play.

The reward? You'll feel better, and you'll be participating with a group of supportive peers.

October begins

Started off October with a 6 mile rainy trail run. I love running in the rain.

6BP for October

Sorry Rokclmb, I didn't see your thread yesterday and created a 2nd one.. moving my entries over here. .

.4 mile warm up walk and .2 mile of step boxes... .6 + 2.8 = 3.4 ttd

7.4 mile bike and 1 mile arc = 2.8 to start the month off..

2 mile walk last night.

2 BP so far.

My 8 year old wants to actually run in a 5k this Thanksgiving (though not the whole thing - maybe 1/2 of it, or maybe 1 mile), so I'm gonna work to step it up to not hurt myself.

2 mile walk yesterday morning = 2 BP;
1/2 mile swim yesterday afternoon = 3 BP;
1 mile run last night = 1BP;

Legs still kinda tired; gotta run more.

4 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 10 BP to date.

36 mile ride today. Absolutely gorgeous New England fall weather. Snapped a few pics:

15262972739_73225ffe73_b.jpg

Ship coming in...too bad it's not my ship coming in :rolleyes:

15263138878_e7b5dcdc2d_b.jpg

15262973169_12f38059f9_b.jpg

15449405062_88f76e0d1c_b.jpg

That's just the return trip along the coast....the rest was through woods and farmlands. Cracked quite a few acorns today; they're nearly impossible to avoid this time of year.

9 BP to start the month.

Had to go to a different gym this morning and used a different model of bike and my regular 7 mile ride in 30 minutes became 13 miles in 30 minutes.. ? Not too sure what the difference is, but I'll take it.. :)

13 mile ride and 1 mile arc .. 4.2 + 10.3 = 14.5 ttd

.7 mile walk before weights, .2 mile of steps during, and .6 mile arc after - 1.5 + 8.8 = 10.3 ttd

Had to go to a different gym this morning and used a different model of bike and my regular 7 mile ride in 30 minutes became 13 miles in 30 minutes.. ? Not too sure what the difference is, but I'll take it.. :)

Kilometers???

Walked a mile last night.

14 BPs so far.

I walked 1 mile and climbed 2 miles on an escalator machine/step mill two days ago.

Current BPs: 3

Here's October so far. 17.7 BP. Will probably get in a few miles today.

Ran a 5K Saturday and came in 3rd overall and got 1st in the Masters division. I nailed my goal time on the head at 21:00 (official chip time). There's still some meat on that bone though. I know I can run faster.

7CA38CF2-89AF-4C1D-94F0-855223727CE2_zpsenjpgjte.png

That's awesome, Guyon.
Wasn't it just a year ago you started running? And now a 5K in under-7-minute miles? I'm impressed.

Walked 2 miles in the beautiful Oregon woods Friday.
Sat around shooting the $#!* the rest of the weekend.

17 BPs TTD.

36 mile ride today.
9 BP to start the month.

Another 32+ miler today. forgive me Beckerheads, for I have sinned...it's been 9 days since my last ride.....
9+8=17 BP.
Awesome Mike! Thanks for sharing.

I got a whole 4 mile ride in.

11 BP to date.
You are welcome for the pics. And don't beat yourself up - at least you're getting out most days and doing something. I feel like I do more driving than anything else. Got a steroid injection in my elbow friday morning before going up to the Gathering. Feels good enough to start swimming again.

Good on the rest of you!

Got back in the gym this morning, been out since last thursday. I took a few days off last week to remove carpeting and install laminate wood floors in two rooms, a 10' X 10' and a 17' X 18'. No gym time, but I am still sore from three days of working morning to night. :)
this morning, got .8 mile warm up walk, .2 mile of step boxes with weights, and 5.1 mile ride after weights.. 2.3 +14.5 = 16.8 ttd

13 mile ride and 1 mile arc .. 4.2 + 10.3 = 14.5 ttd

Back