Beckerhead firearms

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Norse_Nightcrawler, May 7, 2014.

1. Qeth

Qeth

Dec 13, 2010
    So now I know what it feels like to have hot coffee spew out from my nose.

Make tweener handles for an ambi charging handle, and a 7 as a bayo, and I think you'd be able to take over the world.

2. Norse_Nightcrawler

Norse_Nightcrawler

May 11, 2013
    I guess i stand corrected :p But wether you call it a defensive rifle, assault rifle, semi automatic long range self defence tool or whatever, i still want one.
    At least you're allowed to own them.

It is possible to get an AR or AK in norway aswell, but you have to join a Practical shooting club (a goverment approved one) and train/compete actively for 2 YEARS before you're allowed to own one. And if you decide to quit competing or don't want to be a member of an IPSC club you're not allowed to keep the rifle. So you either have to sell it, or it will be confiscated and you'll be prosecuted. The rest of your guns will be confiscated and you won't be allowed to own any kind of firearm for at least 5 years.
    It's just not worth it...

3. ThePointyEnd

ThePointyEnd

Aug 14, 2011
    OoOoooOOh don't tempt me, JT, don't tempt me.
    All it would take would be some RTV, some regular AR grips, some Becker grips, and any resin that is tough enough and looks good in black. (and the boss's blessing, of course.)

4. james terrio

james terrio Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket

Apr 15, 2010
    Sorry 'bout that :D

Too late, it's in your head now...

I'm partial to the BK-5 Bayonet myself, but hey... modularity is the whole point of the platform...

[​IMG]

(to make the BK-5 fit right would require a little tweaking of the handle angle... we'll just get mountainmist to bend one... :rolleyes: )

5. cccpull

cccpull

Apr 28, 2010
    Here's an old pic from a previous thread.

[​IMG]

6. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    Mini-14 is a dang good gun. Thinking about getting a couple. Although without 20 and 30 round mags it's less fun...

Actually you're thinking of "assault weapon" Assault rifle is a an actual term for rifles with select fire capability (IE semi and full auto and/or burst fire) and I think there's something about being chambered for medium powered rounds. Might be some other things too but having that select fire capability is key.

7. Qeth

Qeth

Dec 13, 2010
    Here here! 580 series and newer with the tapered barrels are rugged truck firearms. 1:9 twist can still stabilize well enough, it's got a great Garand style action, and it's a great analog to the M1A if you want to go up in caliber.

8. Norse_Nightcrawler

Norse_Nightcrawler

May 11, 2013
    Bighoss: There's a reason i want a Mini 14 ;) The funny bit is i can have a 14, with aimpoint or eotech, 3x magnifier on a fts mount, silencer, bipod and enough 20/30 round mags to supply a small army. But once you add a pistol grip this apparently becomes a very dangerous gun.

And i can't have a M1 or M14, because those are "military" weapons, while a Mini 14 is not.

As for the logics behind this, i don't think they even understand themselves... They probably make decisions by throwing a dice or something.

9. spikebot587

spikebot587

Feb 8, 2013
    My dad has a mini 14 and I love it!

10. Silverthorn

Silverthorn

Apr 24, 2011
    I prefer my Mini 30 ...:cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  11. cschol

cschol

Jan 6, 2013
    Wow, amazing. I sold all of mine last week too.

12. ironborn

ironborn

Oct 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

13. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

One of a few of my toys to contribute to the thread ;)

14. Qeth

Qeth

Dec 13, 2010
    Easier on the wallet to train :D

Funny, took all my firearms on a boat, and a freak storm sunk them all whilst I was away on shore! :p

How you liking that Zastava Pap?

15. ironborn

ironborn

Oct 9, 2012
    Love the M92! Great value when you consider that you can buy one for less than $500, it's very well built, has the thicker receiver, Krink sights, short gas system, eats everything you feed it, never complains, and you can put an arm brace on it and essentially have an sbr.... Word from the ATF is that they won't classify it an sbr just because you use the equipment incorrectly.... ;)

16. Darksidedenny

Darksidedenny

Feb 2, 2014
    Hahahaha...now that's cold man!

17. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    Well at least you get the 20 and 30 round mags. The state I live in limited us to 15 rounds last year. Luckily I have a bunch of 30's for my AK and AR already and they "let" us keep the ones we already had.

18. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Yup, yay Colorado... Sigh.

I was all set to buy a Walther MP5 .22LR, but someone bought it out from under me. It's gotten a little more complicated thanks to the stupid mag cap limit. I'm probably just gonna get it when I move out of this state. Very good chance I'll end up in Texas, and then I won't have these issues...

19. Qeth

Qeth

Dec 13, 2010
    I'm debating on getting one. I put together an AR pistol with the sig tac brace, it feels pretty solid to shoot improperly :p I just 100%'d a billet 80%, so it's either a new upper, the Pap, or the logical choice of more ammo.

20. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Sorry for the loss of all your guns in that tragic boating accident, Qeth.