Beckerhead firearms

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Norse_Nightcrawler, May 7, 2014.

1. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    later this months I'm getting my first firearms. A Daniel defense DDM4 and a Sig Sauer P220 combat TB

2. Cryptyc

Cryptyc

Sep 24, 2013
    My tried and trues! These are my users:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Rattle can paint jobs? Look pretty nice!

Good choices, SilentJohn.

4. Norse_Nightcrawler

Norse_Nightcrawler

May 11, 2013
    Is that a Remington 700 sps tactical i' seeing there? I'm seriously considering getting me one of those chambered in 308win for elk hunting and long range shooting.

5. Cryptyc

Cryptyc

Sep 24, 2013
    crimson,
    yes sir it is a mix of rustoleum and krylon fusion. Thank you.

Norse,
    Yes it is a 20" 700 SPS Tactical. That one is chambered in 308 win as well and it is fantastic with hand loads. My buddy bought one too and both of ours are great shooters with my hand loads. I highly recommend the sps tactical, and the 308win round. Easy to load for, plenty of data out there, accurate, and will put what you want down.

6. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    thanks crimson. I did a lot of research. figured if I'm going to buy guns might as well be great guns that will serve me good

7. Norse_Nightcrawler

Norse_Nightcrawler

May 11, 2013
    And finally it's here :D Got it yesterday and took it straight to the range, and i gotta say for a bone stock service pistol with fixad sights it's mighty accurate. Shot 4" groupings of 20 rounds at 25 metres....
    [​IMG]
    Next in line is a mossberg pump action shotgun, and a .22 pistol of some sort, but i haven't decided on wich yet.

8. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    For the mossberg, spring for the 590 with ghost ring sights, but none of the goofy muzzle devices. For a .22 pistol, so many good choices. Bersa makes a nice .22 that looks like a PPK, I love mine. Ruger MK series is popular and a lot of people have great things to say about the Browning buckmark. There may even be a kit to convert your CZ to .22lr.

9. truth-seeker

truth-seeker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2013
    New Grips for my S&W 442. Just worry about how slick they are if I'm sweating or in the rain.
    View attachment 440306

10. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    that looks really nice seeker .i always loved how white grips on a black gun looks

11. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    Very nice mix of classic and modern.

12. Qeth

Qeth

Dec 13, 2010
    Back from the shop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was roughly 8.5 lbs unloaded, now it sits pretty at 7.8 lbs, with almost all the weight taken off the front. Handles so much better now.

13. Dogzovwar81

Dogzovwar81

Jun 14, 2013
    [​IMG]

My brand new EsKabar with my old Taurus M82 that belonged to my Stepdad. Nothing fancy, but shoots laser accurate.

14. truth-seeker

truth-seeker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Dodzovwar81,
    Thats a beauty of a revolver and the old Taurus guns are great shooters

15. Dogzovwar81

Dogzovwar81

Jun 14, 2013
    Yeah, very underrated firearms. This one has been standing guard over my family since 1989.

16. Norse_Nightcrawler

Norse_Nightcrawler

May 11, 2013
    Those sound like some good suggestions. The reason i haven't fully decided on anything is because my plans keep changing. I was initially gonna go for a S&W M&P as my first handgun, but i got a good deal on the CZ.
    I have been lookin into getting a .22 convertion kit for the CZ but because of beurocracy (spelled correctly?) and a buttload of funny laws i don't understand i'm limited to owning 4 handguns, and all with different atributes. A .22 kit would count as one handgun, so i'd rather get a separate gun instead.
    A tanfoglio force .22 is looking kinda tempting though.

As for the shotgun price will be of importance, and a mossberg 590 or 500 is 3 times as expensive around here as an 88. However, with the way i keep changing my mind and my plans i just might end up with a Remington 870 instead...:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  17. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011

I forgot you were in Norway. I suppose in your case a whole separate .22 would be the way I would go as well. In the US the "firearm" is whatever part has the serial number on it, which is usually the frame. So in the states you can just order a conversion kit online and get it in the mail.

The Maverick is a good gun. I think Iraqveteran8888 has a video comparing the 88, 500, and 590 and they're all good. over here the 590 isn't much more expensive so it's worth it to get the minor upgrades, especially the ghost ring sights IMHO. For the price difference for you though it'd probably be cheaper to pay a pro to install some on an 88, if that's something you're even concerned about.

18. Norse_Nightcrawler

Norse_Nightcrawler

May 11, 2013
    Those ghost ring sights looks nice, but it seems to be more of a precision shooting kind of sights than i'll need (i'm pretty green though so i might be totaly wrong here). The shotgun will mostly for picking birds out of the sky and the occational venison.

I'll be getting a couple of rifles when my wallet and wife allows it though, for larger game and more long range accuracy. The previously mentioned Ruger Mini14 in .223 and Remington 700 sps tactical in .308.

I got a e-mail yesterday though with an invite to a local gun store wanting to make some discounted sales to members of the local hunting/fishing club and they got a couple of different Rem 870s in stock, so it seems i might actually go with an 870 Express Super Magnum synthetic instead of the Maverick... Will post pics next tuestay if i do :D

19. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    Right. I'm stuck in defensive weapon mode for some reason. Bead sight's better for birds and such. My hunting shotgun is an 870. And I have a few single shots laying around as backups because they were dirt cheap.

I'm defiantly not batting 1000 right now.

20. Silverthorn

Silverthorn

Apr 24, 2011
    To be fair Hoss, I love the ghost ring sights, and I am leaning way more Mossberg than Remington anymore, after owning both.