Beckerhead Knife Making and Modification Thread

Ethan Becker

Hey Daizee...I took a much longer look at that lovely blade and I must say that the aesthetics, fit and finish are really outstanding...There is pretty unique combo of practical goodness and eye appeal that really makes me want one....Very Nice..Thanks for the visual! Tickles me eyeballs it does!

1066vik

Gold Member
good one hawk - I love the swedged/rhomboid puukkos, and that pieced handle is the bomb!

I decided to complete this puukko yesterday. Blade is 103mm x 24mm x3.5mm with a 600 grit satin and Scotch Brite finish. This blade was an early attempt prior to getting a vfd and new motor. It is not a rhomboid grind. The handle is black ash burl with ebony, padauk and redheart accents as well as brass bolsters. The next Puronvarsi will be a bit different. I had to use a flash for the photos; it is very dark and pouring this morning.

The Warrior

Insane Viking
I decided to complete this puukko yesterday. Blade is 103mm x 24mm x3.5mm with a 600 grit satin and Scotch Brite finish. This blade was an early attempt prior to getting a vfd and new motor. It is not a rhomboid grind. The handle is black ash burl with ebony, padauk and redheart accents as well as brass bolsters. The next Puronvarsi will be a bit different. I had to use a flash for the photos; it is very dark and pouring this morning.

Yet another stunner. :thumbsup:

1066vik

Gold Member
I love he look of paduak -but it's as nasty as micarta when sanding, maybe even worse.
and if you're sweating, it'll stain you and your clothing red.

Xr6x

Gold Member

Another HOME RUN :thumbsup::thumbsup: Sure is NICE!

daizee

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
A little fresh Tweener-sized action, with more pix at the link below:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bushcraft-utility-in-aeb-l.1692676/

IMG_20191029_071658_2-small.jpg

daizee you are an outstanding craftsman. There is are some extraordinary design elements here, congratulations!

Hawk!! You're killin' it, my friend.

I wholeheartedly agree.

daizee you are an outstanding craftsman. There is are some extraordinary design elements here, congratulations!

With this, also. Just one example ◦───┐┌───◦ seen here
A little fresh Tweener-sized action, with more pix at the link below:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bushcraft-utility-in-aeb-l.1692676/

IMG_20191029_071658_2-small.jpg

Yes, please.

DerekH

Handsome According to my Mother
not too shabby!
now you just need some medical grade titanium and a slightly higher grind. ;)

I can't get a pic to do it justice, but the grind is convex and when you see it in person it goes a bit further than it looks in the pics. It will do what I need of it in non-permissive environments so I am satisfied with it. Tons of fun to spin around when bored in the office though.