Beckers in the Woods -- A Trip Report (Pic Heavy)

EW gross. That BK16 has new all over it!!!! Get it off!!! get it off!!!

0p8szZQ.jpg

It IS new! lol It's the one I won in the giveaway and my wife's first time taking it into the woods!

Thank you so much for your photos, and sharing of your experiences ... Becker content a bonus!

You guys are so blessed to have a great relationship with common interests - so cool that you allow us to be a part of it.

I like Jameson too. It's a smooth whiskey. Word of caution though, never, under any circumstances, eat bacon cabbage stir fry, then down a half bottle of Jameson in about a half hour, then top it off with Jack Daniels, lol. Man, never forget that night. I fell asleep on the front porch of the cabin, and somehow made it back up in the loft around 4am. Woke up, and thought, wow, this isn't too bad. Then I sat up, wrong thing to do. I ran outside in my underwear and boots, heaving my effing guts out, haha. The bacon cabbage stir fry, incidentally, didn't look any different than before I ate it. :D

It had to be the bacon.

All of this talk of whiskey got my ears burning....

I am, first and foremost, a Scotch whisky drinker, with a hefty preference for the Islay varieties. Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Ardbeg are among my very favorites. However, I do enjoy a good Highland now and then when I don't want something quite as complicated as a Islay.

That being said, I have been getting into single malt Irish whiskeys a lot lately. Jameson, Bushmills, Tullamore Dew and the like are generally blended whiskeys and I find them to be harsher than I care for, being drinkable with water or ice added. As I like my whiskey or whisky neat, adding anything else, particularly water in any form ruins the experience... :( So I prefer single malts as a general rule of thumb. One single malt that has become a big favorite of mine as a regular everyday drinker is Knappogue Castle. If you haven't tried it and are a fan of Jameson, do yourself a favor and give this a go, you won't touch Jameson again. :D

Connemara is an excellent "peated" Irish single malt, something you Scotch drinkers will certainly appreciate. Tyrconnell is another excellent Irish single malt. I could probably go at this awhile...

However, I won't bore you with anymore suggestions. 91bravo 91bravo and MarriedTheMedic MarriedTheMedic , looks like you two had a fantastic outing! I loved the pictures, as always, it was nice to see you guys back outside, feels like it has been a little while.

I like Jameson too. It's a smooth whiskey. Word of caution though, never, under any circumstances, eat bacon cabbage stir fry, then down a half bottle of Jameson in about a half hour, then top it off with Jack Daniels, lol. Man, never forget that night. I fell asleep on the front porch of the cabin, and somehow made it back up in the loft around 4am. Woke up, and thought, wow, this isn't too bad. Then I sat up, wrong thing to do. I ran outside in my underwear and boots, heaving my effing guts out, haha. The bacon cabbage stir fry, incidentally, didn't look any different than before I ate it. :D

Never forget that night? How in blue blazes did you remember any of it?!?!

Do like Jameson. And Jack. So it must have been the cabbage that did it.

Never forget that night? How in blue blazes did you remember any of it?!?!

Do like Jameson. And Jack. So it must have been the cabbage that did it.
Even though I got sick, I do pretty good at being rational while drunk. I can remember everything about that night. I do think it was mixing the 2 that made me sick. I felt great up to that point.

I have been getting into single malt Irish whiskeys a lot lately. Jameson, Bushmills, Tullamore Dew and the like are generally blended whiskeys and I find them to be harsher than I care for

Do yourself a big favor. Grab a bottle of Jameson’s black barrel. It’s an Irish whisky aged in bourbon barrels. It’s rifht about a $35 bottle in these parts and very smooth. Much easier to drink than any other Irish whiskeys, which in munchies option tend toward the harsher side of the spectrum.

It IS new! lol It's the one I won in the giveaway and my wife's first time taking it into the woods!

Ahhhhh. Didn’t realize. I’m so glad for you that you both have a partner to go play with in the dirt. It’s just awesome to see.

What does she think of the sweet 16?

all I've had is the original tully - will see if I can find some of the others.
generally a scotch (especially the Islay variants) and/or dark rum person - but the jameson's black barrel could be interesting.

Looks like an almost perfect outing..... absolutely LOVED the pix..... I really appreciated the fire prep....nice.... I noticed the chopping of the dogwood.... tough, bloody tough.... Thank you!!!!!....

All best...

E

Post 'em up, haha. :D

I don’t think so! Lol!

Great trip and great pics.

My Emberlit needs to get out and get some use. I love that little thing.

Thanks! The Emberlit is quite awesome! Post up your pics when you do. :)

Awesome trip. Don't know where to start...

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! We love to share our trip reports in hopes that it will encourage others to get outdoors.

Great photos, makes me want to get out and do something.

Do it! You won’t regret it. :)

Thank you so much for your photos, and sharing of your experiences ... Becker content a bonus!

You guys are so blessed to have a great relationship with common interests - so cool that you allow us to be a part of it.

Thanks! We definitely feel blessed. I truly am married to my best friend.

Even though I got sick, I do pretty good at being rational while drunk. I can remember everything about that night. I do think it was mixing the 2 that made me sick. I felt great up to that point.

I have the curse of remembering everything as well.

I’m so glad for you that you both have a partner to go play with in the dirt. It’s just awesome to see.

What does she think of the sweet 16?

Thank you! We always say, “the couple who plays together stays together”!
The 16 is a sweet little Blade.

These are the threads that I truely love.
Thank You.

Thank you for looking and commenting!

Great Pictures and commentary MTM and Medic. Thank You for getting me out of the house and into the woods.

You’re very welcome. Our goal is to inspire others to do the same. At the very least, we enjoy taking others along with us.

Wonderful pics. Awesome knives.
Looks like you guys had big fun out there.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! We had a great time. Nice to see you again! :)

Looks like an almost perfect outing..... absolutely LOVED the pix..... I really appreciated the fire prep....nice.... I noticed the chopping of the dogwood.... tough, bloody tough.... Thank you!!!!!....

All best...

E

Thank you for your kind words. It was nice to be outdoors again after a long, hot summer.
I haven’t had the chance to tell you, but it was a pleasure meeting and talking with you at Blade this year. I got a great photo of you and 91bravo 91bravo . :)

Back