Beer and Blades!

Another Nashville beer, Bearded Iris Ever Clever Double IPA - My new favorite Mid TN beer

Aroma and flavor of fruit / hops, noticeable boozy notes at 8.5% ABV but not overbearing like the Voodoo Ranger I had the other day. This one has some unique character to it and I'd get it again except the 4 pack I got was prohibitively expensive.

The Fat Bottom Knockout was easier drinking and much cheaper so I will buy it instead but head to head, I think this one is a bit better. If I give Two Headed Ale a 9, and Knockout a 7.4, I'd say this is an 8 / 10. I found it a little out of the ordinary in my limited experience and really enjoyed it.

Backyard work day. Lots done. Pausing momentarily for a tasty beverage.

50RyIAy.jpg

Got a six pack of this at Food Lion and it turned out to be a really good buy. First drink reminded me a lot of Two Headed Ale. This might be my second favorite IPA so far. 8.5 / 10

I think further testing is in order.

I believe this is beer #25 of my sampling frenzy. o_O

While I was here, I wanted to ask you guys about some beer I've seen on the shelf at a local liquor store: Founders KBS and Backwoods Bastard. They are really expensive, especially KBS, and I was wondering if y'all had tried either of them. They must be really good to be so high!

Got a six pack of this at Food Lion and it turned out to be a really good buy. First drink reminded me a lot of Two Headed Ale. This might be my second favorite IPA so far. 8.5 / 10

While I was here, I wanted to ask you guys about some beer I've seen on the shelf at a local liquor store: Founders KBS and Backwoods Bastard. They are really expensive, especially KBS, and I was wondering if y'all had tried either of them. They must be really good to be so high!

I've often been disappointed by the expensive beers. To me the sweet spot is about $10-12 a six pack. Whenever I've splurged and spent more I've almost always been disappointed. I prefer IPA though and they tend to be pricier so perhaps that's just me, I'm also in Socal and we pay more for everything.

KBS is outstanding for a Barrel Aged Bourbon Stout. It's one of those beers you just need to try. A six pack would take me a while to get through but I'll pick up a single when I see it. The Backwoods Bastard is also very good IMO. Not usually a big Scotch Ale fan but this one is very good.

If you like these styles, I would try them for sure regardless of price. They are both very good and very highly rated on sites like Beeradvocate.

A little "Northern Exposure" for you today! Bonus points for anyone who knows how the term northern exposure relates to this beer? If you're in your 40's or older or so, you might have a shot.

Roslyn Brewery's Dark Lager - It's crazy drinkable at 4.8% and really good. 8/10.

0FqEKRXh.jpg

I've often been disappointed by the expensive beers. To me the sweet spot is about $10-12 a six pack. Whenever I've splurged and spent more I've almost always been disappointed. I prefer IPA though and they tend to be pricier so perhaps that's just me, I'm also in Socal and we pay more for everything.

KBS is outstanding for a Barrel Aged Bourbon Stout. It's one of those beers you just need to try. A six pack would take me a while to get through but I'll pick up a single when I see it. The Backwoods Bastard is also very good IMO. Not usually a big Scotch Ale fan but this one is very good.

If you like these styles, I would try them for sure regardless of price. They are both very good and very highly rated on sites like Beeradvocate.

Thanks, both of you, for the advice. I'll see if I can get them to sell me a single of each.

A little "Northern Exposure" for you today! Bonus points for anyone who knows how the term northern exposure relates to this beer? If you're in your 40's or older or so, you might have a shot.

Roslyn Brewery's Dark Lager - It's crazy drinkable at 4.8% and really good. 8/10.

0FqEKRXh.jpg
What Ray laconico is that? It's beautiful, I'm guessing Jasmine with some kind of a wood grain finish

Last edited:
Back