1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Behind The Scenes 2/19/2018- ???

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    @VANCE You're killin me Smalls

VANCE likes this.
  2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    make sure yall are around Friday.......
    somebody might get a surprise w/ their purchase on Friday:D:D:D

NUTRAMAC, Nbrackett and Lady1911 like this.
  3. NOLA

NOLA Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2016
    [​IMG]

4. NUTRAMAC

NUTRAMAC Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 8, 2014
    @VANCE Is that a Bushcraft Hatchet? Burlap:eek:
    If that makes it in the thread there will be blood in the water for that there fiddleback;)

5. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    yes. it's Shadetree Philellow burlap

Tutone likes this.
  6. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    i got up from detailing the knives to snap a pic of the "Guardians of The Batch"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  7. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    They both look so serious!

Lady1911 and VANCE like this.
  8. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    they take their job seriously:D

Lady1911 and Nbrackett like this.
  9. Turth

Turth Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2014
    I'd swear that's a theirs penny knife.

And it looks like some kinda big ol' recurve hanging on the wall those guys are guarding.

10. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    thats what it is

i think its a Sirapate

11. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    I like Kyle. He marches to the beat of a different drum. And he likes bright green. Anybody that likes bright green can't be all bad. :)
    Though one has to wonder what the point of having a folder you don't close would be...

[​IMG]

12. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Cool slicey green knife Brian!

And good point on having a permanently opened folder. lol

mistwalker likes this.
  13. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    that's a mighty big gap there between the support and the belt. May want to think about closing it up so that it won't grab your hand or finger.

Thanks for the photo

NUTRAMAC and Wurrwulf like this.
  15. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator

Oct 19, 2005
    Its made to break apart in the event of an accident. It wouldn't work all close in. Its just a hand rest, not a work rest.

BUT. This stuff is dangerous. Get your Fiddlebacks while I still have hands. Once they get torn off the prices will go up.

16. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Between the dust, epoxy amines, and now a buffer, I've got my concerns.... Just keep Phillip off the ladders...

17. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator

Oct 19, 2005
    Arthritis is a real concern for me.

mistwalker likes this.
  18. kmellino

kmellino

Sep 11, 2016
    I use it to cut the tape off the scales after I'm done with drilling. It's sharp and if it gets beat up it take about two seconds to bring it right back. I also use it to trim the scales if there is a burr holding them up and making them not sit flat while I'm drilling....I'm trying to save the mileage on my real folder I carry :D

newmoon010 and Lady1911 like this.
  19. newmoon010

newmoon010 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 18, 2017
    will we see this stunning green folder??;)

kmellino likes this.
  20. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    (Belated Thanks. I couldn't place the swedge with the relative handle size-- forgot about the 'frog!)

... In which a slow and growing remembering was catalyzed, and panic began to rise, even before reading the following:

OH NOES!!!!!

One the way home from the (wonderful, too good, [email protected]d-now-I-want-a-BLUE-Bowfinger-Joe) Open House, I visited a closest friend in Durham before heading home. Flooded by all the super-good interactions Sat-Sun, I 100% forgot about the lanyard bead-- SINCE NOVEMBER-- until @Lady1911's post above, and 150% panicked when @VANCE's post confirmed the best/worst. Oh, my brain.

HOW TO FIND THE BEAD NOW?!

I scrambled through Everything in the house, every bag and container I'd taken with me to NC, every zipped, buttoned or fastened pocket in every article of clothing I'd worn those two days, the bottom of the washing machine....

[​IMG]

I re-remembered securing the bead when Phillip gave it to me-- what a tremendous gift, even cooler because it matched the EDKarda I'd won from him in a recent Giveaway-- but not What Happened Next.

... I wouldn't be writing this had I not looked Again (and again and again), until:

As it turns out, after the Open House, back at the hotel, I had carefully zipped the bead into an interior pocket of a knapsack, easy to overlook the first 5 or 18 times searching that particular bag.

Oh, my little heart. BUT HERE IT IS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks, again, Phillip(!).

Yeah, it sorta does, but it's still cool, and I'm still grateful. o_O

I look forward to having it attached securely to the EDKarda, for all good reasons. :confused: :cool:

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled programming.

~ P.

Warrior108, Nbrackett, Odaon and 2 others like this.