Behold, the 2023 BladeForums Traditional Forum Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's mentioned and I missed it. I wonder what color this is? Looks a lot like what GEC used to call autumn gold bone. I miss seeing that color. They ran a good bit of this color in smooth and jigged bone years ago, but don't recall seeing it much lately.

Thanks. Todd offered to help as well and he’s less than an hour from where my family will be living while I’m gone. Hopefully it all works out. If it’s one per member there’s no way I’d want someone else to not get it.
It is early i fully realize that, and it is along way off, but if there are issues and your stuck you can purchase mine. So whatever happens you will be fine. :thumbsup:

Overall the configuration of this knife is very similar to the Northwoods Norfolk of 2013 (and maybe another run in 2014?) … they did both pinched/fluted slanted bolsters and plain straight bolsters. These will be a hybrid of the two, straight but pinched and fluted.

That knife was on GEC’s #31 pattern, a pattern I don’t believe they’ve ever used for a GEC/Northfield/Tidioute knife. Very very similar to the Winchester 2935, as made by Bill Howard at Queen in the late ‘80s.

This new #34 looks to be a scaled up, beefier version. Slightly straighter across the top which is aesthetically a slight step backwards but it will still look good, and will allow for blades with more meat to them, which is a very good thing. The Winchester’s blades are very thin, edge to spine. Sharpening out blade rap reduced the width noticeably. The 2013 Norfolks were, as I recall, criticized at the time for weak snap. (The Winchesters had plenty of snap but very prone to blade rap.)

I love the jigged bone in a classic color with a very classic shield, on a new pattern. This one’s gonna be great.

Maybe it's mentioned and I missed it. I wonder what color this is? Looks a lot like what GEC used to call autumn gold bone. I miss seeing that color. They ran a good bit of this color in smooth and jigged bone years ago, but don't recall seeing it much lately.GE
GEC calls it Antique Autumn Jigged bone

Why does it make a difference?
Can you just do some sort of pay more wait longer international shipping.

(Admittedly I don't know how businesses set these things up.)
I already use the PMWL system.
Affirmative.

Well, maybe, but I won't consider a long wait an "issue". And Germans charge 50 Euro for shipping...

I also disagree that he "bumped up" the price. I assume it costs him to import them knives.
Many times the postage is almost as much as the knife.

😆

yes, maybe a unseaworthy swell-center canoe ☺️

View attachment 2211544
I think you mean Unsinkable .
Behold my submission for the 2023 Forum Knife button. Being the Luddite that I am the manuscript could be greatly improved. 😜
View attachment 2214612
It deffo needs HAPPY BIRTHDAY emblazoned upon't.🥳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back