• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bellablades closed while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey pal.
I got your PM as well. Heading in for 7AM, thank god it is early so I dont have to think about it all day.
I want to say thanks and it certainly makes me feel more positive about getting this out of the way.
To heal up and get my butt to work again.
Looking forward to doing some amazing work for you very soon.
Ive got a few weeks worth of work waiting for me for starters.
Matt

Matt, I wish you the best regarding your surgery. I decided to get a scale made for my ZT 0566, and I know you're the right pimp for the job!

I can definitely wait for craftsmanship like yours.

Last edited:
Good luck tomorrow, Matt! Take it easy and rest up, it sounds like you'll have some work to do when you get back in the swing of things!

Yes sir I do.
Surgery was done at 7AM today. Im home being a grumpy young fart already. I am resting for sure. This darn nerve block has my arm dead on pins and needles. I just want to move my fingers. Not happening!
Take Care pal.

Good luck tomorrow, Matt! Take it easy and rest up, it sounds like you'll have some work to do when you get back in the swing of things!

I received my Spyderco Southard from Matt last Monday, and wanted to carry it for about a week before I did a review.

First off, Matt and I exchanged several emails and he was always prompt to respond and is very helpful in them. We also exchanged couple of phone calls and kept me up to date with progress. I can definitely tell the amount of time, pride, and dedication Matt puts into his work. His work is amazing, has an extremely fast turnaround time, and has very reasonable prices.

Now for the knife, the handle is just beautiful. It has a very deep polished carbon fiber bolster and a dark blue twill handle which allows it to pop and contrast perfectly. The blue twill lbs adds a nice touch added to the lockbar side and gives it even more of a pop. The bolster and handle line is seamless and feels like one piece. I can run my finger across the top and sides and not feel a thing poking out or even a gap in the finish; it is like it is one piece. Even the acid wash is even and perfect for the standoffs and pocket clip. The tone matches titanium itself.

Now time for some pictures:

Hey Matt...Glad to hear that your surgery is over and went OK. Installed the orange scale on the ZT 0560 today and it looks great. Thanks for the good work.'

David

Hey, I am so happy that you like it and it works out well. If you want another in digi camo I have one for sale if you want options.
You can have it for 50%. Just a thought.
I am healing up OK here. Sitting on the couch playing with my 5 month old angel while the older one is with family. Taking it easy and letting the stitches inside my arm heal up.

BTW guys, I have gotten a few knives this week for acid work and heat anodizing.
Remember I coat all working and moving parts before doing so. Protecting lock faces, washer areas etc. This is done with extreme care. Knives will be shipped back in smoother condition than they arrived and also looking much much cooler.
Next week I am ready for you guys to start shipping some jobs to me.
If I have not gotten back to you , just PM or send an Email and we can get some work orders ready to go.
Id say by the 25th I can be on light duty.
Tung Carb for Ti lock faces is here. I will do this for free if I am doing custom work for your knife anyway. Had to buy new as the one I had coming got lost in the mail. :(
Matt

Hey Matt...Glad to hear that your surgery is over and went OK. Installed the orange scale on the ZT 0560 today and it looks great. Thanks for the good work.'

David

Last edited:
pgn49,

I am beyond grateful for the review and positive words.
No matter how involved or how small a job may be. I want everyone to feel they received the time and care that you did.
Have fun and let me know if you need me to inlay that pocket clip into your other custom you purchased. No charge of course.
Matt

Thank you Rolf.
I will. And I will keep my eye out to do that steel work on your M-model CRKT.
I happy to have you coming back for more. Hope that Boker is feeling good.
I kind of want one now. I have about 12 slabs of that material now that would work for that folder. I should have made a bunch while I had your knife.

Main page revised and services offered updated!

Get well soon, Matt!
rolf

Last edited:
DUG 2 replied and I am ready to do your ZT 0350

Leadchop, send your sebbie over with that GEC and I will make the matching handle.

Here is some acid work on a mini grip I sold earlier for fun
-Satin finish acid blade
-Acid stone wash clip
-Acid hardware and liners

The ZT with lime green and black marbled, can you do that in turquoise for a Southard?

Sauce

Thank you to all three of you,
just give me a few to get to all of your emails.

To everyone else. My Doc Appointment is this coming wed to decide if I can take of the sheath for light duty and back to work I go. Cautiously,
Matt

LOL, notice I wrote sheath instead of sling. You can tell where my mind is.

To everyone else. My Doc Appointment is this coming wed to decide if I can take of the sheath for light duty and back to work I go. Cautiously,
Matt

Hey Matt! Just went through your thread and must say you make some great looking stuff! I may be in the market for some custom scales for my zt 0350's.
Can you make them so the speed safe still works?

Hope you're on the mend sir!

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back