Benchmade customer service??

the reason they’re being so strict is because of all the people who used to take advantage of them offering unlimited free clips, asking for dozens then putting them on all their knives (not just bms), or turning around and selling them on the bay. they’re the ones you can thank for the new policy.

the $5 they’re charging for extra clips is hardly outrageous. i doubt it even covers the cost of the clip plus shipping.

as far as screws & such go, i just received a full set of screws plus clips for a couple discontinued blades, a 320 & a 890. no charge & they were at my door in a little over a week from when i called.

Their customer service has been very good in my experience. Friendly, quick and efficient.

I contacted BM on Sept 19 and asked for a couple of Bugout clips (for my Bugout) and a couple of parkerized deep carry clips for my 551-1 (original is painted). I just received the package now (a couple of weeks faster than the normal 5 weeks or so it usually takes). They sent me one Bugout clip with screws, and one painted deep carry clip for my Grip.

I got one replacement original clip for each knife, not two each and they didn't switch to a different finish deep carry clip. Basically what they have been telling folks asking for new clips is what I got, no more, no less. I have no problems with that and would be happy to pay the five bucks for different clips next time.

edit (again): It seems that I didn't inspect properly the replacement clip BM sent me for my 551-1. It is in fact a parkerized clip (that I did ask for) AND NOT the painted clip that was originally on the knife. So BM (in my case) does send a parkerized clip and will switch out for another finish, if asked for.

Once again, Benchmade has gone above and beyond what I asked for. I knew there was another reason why they are my favourite knife company.

Last edited:
Just got the parts requested yesterday.Everything arrived a week later. They do use some unnecessarily large ziplock bags

I contacted BM on Sept 19 and asked for a couple of Bugout clips (for my Bugout) and a couple of parkerized deep carry clips for my 551-1 (original is painted). I just received the package now (a couple of weeks faster than the normal 5 weeks or so it usually takes). They sent me one Bugout clip with screws, and one painted deep carry clip for my Grip.

I got one replacement original clip for each knife, not two each and they didn't switch to a different finish deep carry clip. Basically what they have been telling folks asking for new clips is what I got, no more, no less. I have no problems with that and would be happy to pay the five bucks for different clips next time.
Yes, I had the same experience; they will only send free replacement clips for the exact original Benchmades you have. Actually when I emailed about the free 2 clips per knife for up to 5 knives a year policy, Benchmade Customer Service replied that the policy was 10 parts requests per year. So I guess one could actually ask for 1 clip for 10 knives per year and still fall within these parameters..

I was digging through my pile of knives and found this Benchmade mini bone collector with walnut scales, I completely forgot I had, that came in a lot of knives I bought a couple of years ago for $75 for the entire lot. Time to test Benchmades customer service. I'm sending it in for a new pocket clip and clip screws along with a sharpening. We will see how it goes.

benchmade2 by poriggity, on Flickr

benchmade1 by poriggity, on Flickr

Just got the parts requested yesterday.Everything arrived a week later. They do use some unnecessarily large ziplock bags
They are quite large, however, I seem to be "collecting" a rather large selection of stock, as well as deep carry clips not to mention assorted screws, so the extra large size baggies is appreciated.

So, I got my Bone collector back that I sent off on 10/21. I requested a sharpening and two new screws for the pocket clip. I just got the knife back yesterday (decent turn around IMHO), and the sharpened it, oiled it, gave me an entire new clip, and a new box for it, all free of charge. The action on this thing is smooth as butter now. I'm gonna be carrying it for a while, but I'm pretty impressed with Benchmade's customer service.

benchmade bc1 by poriggity, on Flickr
20191105_195035 by poriggity, on Flickr
20191105_195025 by poriggity, on Flickr

Scott

Last time I had a knife in to Benchmade for service, having a serrated blade on my 707S switched for a plain blade, I was greatly perturbed at how long I had to wait. I dropped it off at the factory on a Saturday, it was finished on Tuesday, but because of work, I couldn't pick it up until the following Saturday. Before that, when I got a couple sharpened, I had to browse their retail shop for, like, half an hour, before they were done. The wait time was almost unbearable. And they had the gall to lubricate and tune the pivot on my 710. And talk about disappointment, they only had a couple hundred different models to fondle while I waited. Ugh.

Last time I had a knife in to Benchmade for service, having a serrated blade on my 707S switched for a plain blade, I was greatly perturbed at how long I had to wait. I dropped it off at the factory on a Saturday, it was finished on Tuesday, but because of work, I couldn't pick it up until the following Saturday. Before that, when I got a couple sharpened, I had to browse their retail shop for, like, half an hour, before they were done. The wait time was almost unbearable. And they had the gall to lubricate and tune the pivot on my 710. And talk about disappointment, they only had a couple hundred different models to fondle while I waited. Ugh.
Haha, good one :D

I just got a quote from Kershaw for a 0460 clip & it's $10. So...

I got quoted $10 for a 0452 pivot nut which I passed on as I intended to sell the knife.From what I understand if it's requires extra machining to produce or made of titanium,expect to pay more.

I just got a quote from Kershaw for a 0460 clip & it's $10. So...
I thought Kershaw also gave free replacement pocket clips, or has that policy changed? Last year I asked for & received free pocket clips & torsion bars for a couple of my Speedsafe knives.

image.jpg I contacted them,I wanted to try a deep carry clip on my 940 (by email) got back to me next day within 2 weeks not only a deep carry but a split arrow I liked better. Great customer service. Maybe a year ago free.

Love Benchmade CS!! Compare it with the other big company out there which has a huge hole in their customer service strategy.

After 12 years of use, the blade on my HK Mini Auto stopped firing. I sent it to Benchmade on October 31st and got it back on November 16th in fine working order. Benchmade doesn't make HK branded knives anymore but they still warranty them. I'm a satisfied customer.

Edited to admit that I can't figure out how to post a photo.
iNUeRXYCJPeV1ZY37
iNUeRXYCJPeV1ZY37

iNUeRXYCJPeV1ZY37

Last edited:
Back