Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

A little different for me, as I usually prefer drop points, but I'm liking this clip SYKCO American Regulator. Etched and stripped.

Mki4yls.jpg

ZbhWu44.jpg
Be honest, how beautiful is it?

Last edited:
I really like a lot of giedymin’s knives.
This new one he posted is awesome and a great price. If it was posted after the holidays I would have already snatched it up.
View attachment 1036339

@giedymin - awesome knife. I hope you don’t mind me posting your pic. I’d be happy to take it down.

I have been in contact with him plan to get one like the one you posted.

I really like a lot of giedymin’s knives.
This new one he posted is awesome and a great price. If it was posted after the holidays I would have already snatched it up.
View attachment 1036339

@giedymin - awesome knife. I hope you don’t mind me posting your pic. I’d be happy to take it down.
Damn- he makes some beautiful big blades! Another maker that's now on my radar - thanks for sharing! :)

Warriors and Wonders carries Boker flippers. Maybe contact that guy to see if he can order it in?

it's not illegal to sell or possess a flipper in Canada, but CBSA has decided to ban importation of them from the US. If there's a Canadian distributor, it's very likely they get them direct from Boker Germany

Nate, thanks for doing that hardness test!

I am a big fan of Blind Horse ... now LT Wright and Battle Horse Knives ... the LT Wright GNS in AEB-L is one I like alot the Outback in 3V is a great belt knife ... and recently got a Battle Horse Knives Big Jay that I like ...

LT Wright GNS AEB-L
2018-10-21 12.29.08.jpg

LT Wright Outback 3V ... with a SAK Alox Farmer ... the last knives my father gave me ... when they were new ...
2018-12-21 14.39.31.jpg

The Battle Horse Knives Big Jay with a HDFk for comparasion ...
CPK HDK - BHK Big Jay.jpg
CPK HDK - BHK Big Jay 4.jpg

^That is very cool. Great blades JJ. Also, that Big Jay looks great, reminds me somewhat of a FF Production Camp which is one of my favorites.

Thanks ... that Big Jay surprised me at how nimble it is for a bit bigger heavier knife ... the only change I might wish it had ... would maybe be Nathan's D3V ... but the 01 works pretty well.

Last edited:
Because it’s really hard and holds a great edge or because of it’s shape and edge geometry? Either way it looks great.:)

D2 is probably my favorite knife steel and they did a pretty good job with it. It's working well for me in the shop, running circles around the s30v Sebenza I had been carrying

D2 is probably my favorite knife steel and they did a pretty good job with it. It's working well for me in the shop, running circles around the s30v Sebenza I had been carrying

I admit my experience with D2 left me disliking it ... but it was many years ago and my sharpening skills with harder steels at that time were definately not up to it nor my equipment ...

and I had chipping issues ... which now I know were most likely a heat treat problem ...

I may have to try D2 again ... but have to say I have avoided it for years after the bad experience.

Last edited:
Back